Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > kittenlyss

Rate this Entry

Astronauts get training before going into space, why don't we?

Posted 01-05-2016 at 01:39 AM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-06-2016 at 03:14 PM by kittenlyss

I've never experienced subspace, but I think I go into cuddle-space, chocolate- (and other tasty food) space, rope-space, and maybe motorcycle-space. These are some of my most memorable experiences. I won't be able to be quite as articulate about them as I normally am. I'm afraid there just aren't words for some things. And my head gets fuzzy during these times, which doesn't help.
The scent of the chocolate... the deep, rich taste of it... I was lost on a beautiful, blissful trip. I hum and close my eyes as I tune all the externals out and just enjoy. Friends watching me comment that I look high (or that I have sex face).

I had decided to go try an Indian restaurant by my house for the first time. I had fresh chai (tea), a mango lassi, cheese naan, lamb biryani, and a red shrimp curry. The explosion of flavors was a riot that should have clashed, but instead it was a symphony of tastes and, oh, the textures. I didn't care that I was eating by myself. To this day, it is the best date I've ever taken myself on.

TRIGGER WARNING: I don't even know, sexual assault maybe? but hover over spoiler box to see experience if you wish
Spoiler:
I was sleepy, lulled by the repetitive gentle strokes on my arm. Drifting on the sea, wrapped in hazy layers of cotton and clouds. Present and aware of everything happening, but with arms and legs and eyelids made of lead. As his hand slowly shifted to other areas, I remained frozen. I knew it was wrong, I knew I should stop it, but I couldn't. And then I found it thrilling. That still baffles, shocks, shames, and horrifies me.

After I had been sitting around cuddling with and petting his gorgeous rope for some time, he offered to tie me. Naturally I accepted and I was my usual (not) cooperative self and twisted and pulled against the ropes as he was going. And continued to wiggle and bounce for as long as I could manage. Eventually, I closed my eyes and rested against him while I enjoyed the the texture and the pressure of the rope around me. As he started to pull the ropes off me, I slowly drifted into a non-verbal, not terribly responsive state. I wrapped myself around his leg, at some point actually allowed him to sit, and just curled into him further. The rope had torn down some of my defensive walls I thought were made of firmer stuff and I found myself with unexpected emotions. I wasn't sure what to do with them. They weren't bad precisely. Primarily just confusion. Over the sharp contrast between past and present experiences. I made a fist with my right hand, digging my nails into my palm, to keep the breakdown at bay. There were some tremors and a few tears, but overall I was fine. We continued cuddling and he slowly stroked the sensitized skin of my arms and thighs, causing the occasional (happy) tremor. His hands tugged on my hair and I pressed into him in response. My eyes had drifted closed and I was focused on all the sensations. I was totally in the moment and attuned to every touch. But even I'm not sure if I was capable of speech.

We'd already been on the bike for a bit when we pulled onto the highway and I felt the wind pushing against me, whipping my hair into sharp needles against my lips. There was already a mild, pleasant ache just at the point where my thighs meet my butt. An ache slowly formed in my right shoulder from the tension in my body while I held on. When I closed my eyes, it just felt like I was soaring. I wanted so badly to lift my arms and truly fly*... oh, this was even better than floatiness.

*I didn't because I'm fully aware that I wouldn't like the aftermath of going splat-crunch-ouch nearly as much as the flight

I think it's interesting to note that
a) I don't necessarily need a partner to achieve __________-space.
b) sometimes going into __________-space is not preferable. I think it's important to find a way to ensure that you are in a safe space, with trustworthy individuals, etc. before allowing yourself to go to the somewhere else.
Posted in About Me
Views 4320 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This!!!
    I've never associated _____space with anything other than subspace! But this post makes so much sense. Loss of words... Fuzzy head... You describe it so perfectly! I definitely have a cuddlespace. And food, for sure. Oh! And music... I get SO lost in performing... It's like getting high!
    I wonder if it takes a certain type of person to be triggered so easily. I know I'm very sensitive to smells, taste, and touch. So when I'm enjoying any of those things... Well not merely enjoying-- a step above that certainly! It does things to my head. I floooooaaaaaat!
    Eee! I've never had a way to describe this before and now I do! Thanks, Lyss!
    I also officially declare glitterspace as a thing. I need to achieve it!
  2. Old Comment
    @eivins: It might be due to certain sensitivities. I know I'm super sensitive to textures.

And I'm pretty sure glitter space is a thing. Although I need to play with it a little more to achieve it.

And you're welcome!