Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Staan's blog :p

Rate this Entry

GCSE Music Fail.

Posted 02-02-2010 at 12:19 PM by Trystaan

I have to play a solo piece and i don't know what to choose ! seriously there are so many songs. :S

Does anyone have any suggestions, bearing in mind that it must sound good on a guitar (electric and Acoustic) and sung at the same time. As long as it isn't toooo crazy it should be fine.

Please help me !
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6275 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Why don't you put some examples of your playing and singing on youtube, and take the one that gets the most positive feedback.
  2. Old Comment
    erm, i kinda get very stage frightened, I can only do this piece as it's in front of only 3 people. I originally took Music tech, where i didn't have to perform but we deceided normal music was better :S
  3. Old Comment
    Playing or singing is one thing, but having to do both at the same time, eek. You better do something you are familiar with, so your playing is more automatic, then you can focus on your singing. Pick a song that your voice can handle, there is nothing so bad as picking a song YOU like but have trouble reaching the high or low notes. Don't go for something complicated unless you are familiar and good at it. Remember what a teen tells you is good here may not be what floats the boat of adult judges. What genre are you into Tristan.

This seems easy, and has a small vocal range and easy guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh77KD8p35c

Might find some here, boy, teen, restricted voice range, not too complicated, modern.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kidrauhl

Another teen boy singer/player

http://www.youtube.com/user/amigomusica

That should give you some ideas and examples of combining the two talents. Good luck. Don't be shy lol, let me hear you play and I will critique.
    Updated 02-02-2010 at 03:35 PM by EnigmaNZ
  4. Old Comment
    I am into everything really, i have rap, rock, screamo, hip hop, dance, bollywood, clasical and many others on my ipod.

I was thinking that as long as the guitar playing is chords then what I'm singing will be fine, and maybe a solo where there is no singing.

I was thinking about doing Don Mcleans-American Pie as that is pretty well suited to my voice.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xTrYsTaNx View Comment
    I was thinking about doing Don Mcleans-American Pie as that is pretty well suited to my voice.
    Oh how I adore that song, I love it. You should do that if it suits your voice, it's a good song.
  6. Old Comment
    Lol, thats a golden oldie. I like it as well. I feel a dare coming on.
  7. Old Comment
    Lulz, if I can do it and can get a quality way to get it online then i will get it for you EngimaNZ
  8. Old Comment
    What criteria are you being marked on? That would presumably influence you a bit on song choice?

Would they be looking for consistency, or something that changes tempo/ key/ rhythm?