Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Special edition-USA Beats Spain

Posted 06-24-2009 at 03:41 PM by Manbearpig

As most of you most likely know (especially from Europe), the USA football/soccer team upseted spain today 2-0. The Yanks end Spain's 35 game unbeatean streak as well as Spain's 15 game winning streak? Now, as I was out taking care of other things, I only got to catch pieces of the game. Yet, from what I did saw, this is a completley different team that blew the lead to Italy and got killed by Brazil, and a different Spain team that has breezed along. Now, Spain had many chances and the Yanks got lucky at time, but none-the-less, it was a very exciting and important win for the US as they head to this weekends Confederation's Cup Final, this summers Gold Cup, and, of course, the 2010 World Cup
Posted in MBP Sports take
Views 1869 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Wahoo USA. Always rootin for the home team
  2. Old Comment
    In other soccer news Australia qualified for the world cup a month ago....

Oh and it was a very impressive USA win.... But spain weren't up on the day...
  3. Old Comment
    Well Brazil this weekend. Most likely we will get killed, but you never know
  4. Old Comment

Usa!!!!

I watched that game and as I am from the USA, and a huge sports fan in general. I have to say I watched that game and was impressed. Although the round before was even more miraculous how everything came together for our national team to even advance. I am really looking forward to watching the finals. GO USA. Well we will have to watch the other tournaments that are fast approaching as well to see if we can keep it up and play like we did the last 2 games.
  5. Old Comment
    I don't think it really matters that we lost to Brazil, it was worth it seeing the faces on the Spanish team when they lost. I hate spanish soccer that's why I'm pissed Renoldo is going to Real. I much prefer English Premier League and the Champions League.