Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MasterDaddy02

Rating: 11 votes, 3.91 average.

Re: COVID- 19!

Posted 03-23-2020 at 06:00 PM by MasterDaddy02

What It's Doing!

I know that I have not written nothing for over a month. And a lot has changed here in my part of the United States in that period of time. Like other parts of the United States and yes the world as well from the effects of "COVID - 19."

I will just say that it has turned into that worst nightmare and it is not going to stop. Yes, it will not stop until we see and really see the damage that is still to come from it. But the effects are working there ways in so many different ways in so many parts of the United States and the world. That life is not going to be the same for so many people. No matter what class you are or from what parts of the cities you live in. We are all going to face it in some way.

For me it is from starting to layoff workers. Which has started for me last weekend and let me tell you. That has been the hardest thing to do was calling people up and telling them, that they are now layoff. But it is different in my case. Due in part that I have had to decide who still will have there job. And those who lost there jobs and to know that a few of them, just got new cars. Or that they just moved into new houses not few long ago. That now they are without that good paying job for the next 60 to 90 days. That there income is going to fall big time. That they have families and kids. That I can't do anything about it. That I have put off as long as I could until it must be done. I have cut people hours just so that they could still have a income. That they could still bring home a half way nice paycheck. But that we hit the limit and nothing else I can do about it.

When you must look someone in the eyes on skype and say sorry but you lose your job. It is not easy and not a good feeling inside yourself. That yes, you must do what you must do. But still your heart is breaking and you can't stop that feeling from taking affect on you. But I had to do that 25 times over a three day period. As some already knew they were going to get a call from me. Because the word travel fast around the circle. It was just who was going to get that call. Who was not going to get that call was the thing.

In deciding on something like that. You can't roll dice and pick a number. You are playing with people life's. Yes, a real person life and not for any games or dares. But taking that pride away from them. Knocking a person down to nothing during that period of time. That is real. You can't decide on if you want to do it or skip it. There is no choice in real life. That is what truly hurts and you can't fixed it.

I fired 4 people who just got new cars back in December with there bonus. I fired 5 people who just move into new houses back in October of last year. I fired 17 people with two or three kids not teenagers. I fired two people with brand new babies too. That is real. that is not games.

I told them that once we get over "COVID - 19." They will have a job again. But it is in the mean time that my hands are tied and I can't do anything further for them right now. We have lost some big businesses jobs and other things in such a short period of time. Our income has fallen from big numbers to low numbers. Thank heaven that we had insurance on some of the things that we deal in. So that help out a lot. That is how we were able to last this long and keep people on the payroll.

I knew this was going to be bad. Yes, I had to forecast that from the business contacts and the talk that was making the circle in the business world. But none of us figure that it would attack us all as it has done.

So, yes behind close doors nationwide everyone was talking and deciding what if! And have different plans in place and the degree in which to follow those plans. Connections from both coast and the other connections started talking once it started overseas. But it was quiet and nothing was being leaking out of the circle. We couldn't let the word get out about the talks that we were having among ourselves.

In closing, I will say to get prepared and not spent unless you truly must or have too. Be sure and keep cash at home and don't totally depend on your bank account debit cards. Because if the system falls. Then you are going to be totally fuck in every letter of the word big time. Try to keep half a month pay or a month pay in cash at home and spread it out so you have it hidden throughout your place. This is real! This is no joke. I have two guns at home. I am now wearing a gun on me when going out in public. I have a safe with a month of cash in it just in case. Yes I have credit cards and bank cards. But I and so many other business people are making sure we have cash around. If you must deal with only cash over plastic.
Yes, we will get through this and it will just be a matter of time.

Be careful and remember safety while out and around people. Because one of my friends who is a doctor told us all. It is in the air now. And we can't see it or smell it.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1877 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    In a time where people are already stressed, anxious and panicking, I don't think fear mongering is the right way to go. This is not the end of the world. Yes, there are going to be repercussions in the economy, and it could take a lot of time to recover from this, but the entire world is in this together. Talking about having guns and stashing money is just spreading fear and panic.
  2. Old Comment
    Facts over gossip. Yes, it is bad. BUT! As far as we know it is not airborne. The social distancing affecting the numbers in the way of going down significantly supports that (see Italy's new infected numbers are getting less). It's not an apocalypse!

The issue of taking care of it is that unless we do something about slowing down the natural spread of that disease, it's going to overstretch our health care capacity. That leads to high death ratios of 5% and more. Last empiric numbers from scientists I heard (2there's nothing very accurate since there are many factors, like age and medical history), around 5% of all infected need medical breathing-support for around a week which requires professional skill and the required equipment. No society can support that for all of us getting infected at the natural speed.

We care because we don't want our family, friends, and coworkers to die of something avoidable. That's what all the heck is about, and that is what is so expensive. If we wouldn't care as much about human life, so many would die but that would be it.

No need to panic. Seriously. Even more need to take care of each other, follow the new temporary rules, keep the distance, keep in communication and virtual contact, educate yourself, differ information by sources, support each other, and cooperate.
    Updated 11-14-2020 at 03:07 AM by MasterDaddy02 (Correction)
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    In a time where people are already stressed, anxious and panicking, I don't think fear mongering is the right way to go. This is not the end of the world. Yes, there are going to be repercussions in the economy, and it could take a lot of time to recover from this, but the entire world is in this together. Talking about having guns and stashing money is just spreading fear and panic.

Thankyou for posting your views to my blog. Each one of us has our own thoughts on what is taking place right now in this whole world. Each part of the world is handling this crisis in there own way. I was talking about what is going on here in the United States. In the Midwest part of the United States. It is normal for people to carry guns and a way of life here.
    In regard about "money." I was just saying there is nothing wrong with being prepared like a "Boy Scout or Girl Scout." If everyone would calm down and just shop as normal. Then the food stores could keep up as normal. Especially, in regards toilet paper and other items that are a must for safety during this sad crisis. And during this period in time as well.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    Facts over gossip. Yes, it is bad. BUT! As far as we know it is not airborne. The social distancing affecting the numbers in the way of going down significantly supports that (see Italy's new infected numbers are getting less). It's not an apcalypse!

The issue of taking care of it is that unless we do something about slowing down the natural spread of that disease, it's going to overstretch our health care capacity. That leads to high death ratios of 5% and more. Last empiric numbers from scientist I heard (there's nothing very accurate since there are many factors, like age and medical history), around 5% of all infected need medical breathing-support for around a week which requires professional skill and the required equipment. No society has the capacity to support that for all of us getting infected in the natural speed.

We care because we don't want our family, friends, and coworkers to die of something avoidable. That's what all the heck is about, and that is what is so expensive. If we wouldn't care as much about Human life, so many would die but that would be it.

No need to panic. Seriously. Even more need to take care of each other, follow the new temporary rules, keep the distance, keep in communication and virtual contact, educate yourself, differ information by sources, support each other, and cooperate.

I want to say thankyou for your views and your comments regarding my blog. You are totally correct and you are totally right. There is no need to get into a panic. If people would stop and think of there actions right now during this crisis. Then they would see that each one of us must do what is best for each other. For those that afford to get sick or even die from this health issue. This is not a a normal time to just keeping the regular things in our lifes. It is the time to think what is best for fellow man and etc.
  5. Old Comment
    Take care and keep safe

I wish you all the best for getting through this crisis as best as you can, together with your loved ones, your company and your coworkers/employees.
  6. Old Comment
    I do understand the fear, but not everyone can and has been able to save up money as they live paycheck to paycheck. What advice do you have for them? Fear can be a good thing, especially as it encourages caution, but to the point of hoarding? That's just selfish.

As for your blog, yes, the world is going to change from this, but I hope that it will be for the better. This isn't our first virus without a vaccine, and it will hardly be the last. What matters is doing the best we can to flatten the curve, keep others safe, and live our lives in isolation if necessary.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment
    Take care and keep safe

I wish you all the best for getting through this crisis as best as you can, together with your loved ones, your company and your coworkers/employees.

Thank you and I wish the best to you as well during this very challenging crisis in your part of the world. Yes together as a world we will get through this.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sexyplant View Comment
    I do understand the fear, but not everyone can and has been able to save up money as they live paycheck to paycheck. What advice do you have for them? Fear can be a good thing, especially as it encourages caution, but to the point of hoarding? That's just selfish.

As for your blog, yes, the world is going to change from this, but I hope that it will be for the better. This isn't our first virus without a vaccine, and it will hardly be the last. What matters is doing the best we can to flatten the curve, keep others safe, and live our lives in isolation if necessary.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Thank you for asking for some advice as well. I know so many of different classes are in the same boat as you have shared about yourself. Even with the big house and new car. Some have did it for show and to be like the "Smiths or the Jones." But behind those doors, they are something else. They are in trouble just as much as others going paycheck to paycheck. But that is another story.
    I would just say this. You don't really need a lot of money to keep at home if you can't afford it or have it. Yes money is not clean and yes, it can caused you to catch what is going around right now. Just keep like $25 to $50 dollars. At least you have something just in case. I didn't say to start just using only cash now. I said to use your plastic and bank cards first. Just have some money if you can afford it and keep it at home. Over here they have limit the amount now you can get out of the ATM. Here at least in my area by all banks and credit unions now. They want to make sure that everyone can get some money out. Due in part how some are going and draining the machines dry right now.