Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

The isolation blues

Posted 01-13-2021 at 12:52 AM by Butterfly

I am a pretty social person, some might even call me a social butterfly. I thrive when I am around MY people. In normal times I would be at my best friends 3 to 4 times a week after work, I would have a social event on Saturday, and maybe lunch or dinner and shopping with my mom. And that is a slow week!

Even during the spring lockdown I was meeting a friend for outdoor, social distanced coffee dates. We also had our cohort, who was my best friends family. So while things had slowed down, I still got my social time. But now? Now, I just work and then come home. Or I just stay at home - monitor emails from work and just .... do nothing.

Over Christmas I didn't even wear real clothes once! (Ok, I have to say that was kind of awesome on some level because my onesies are so cozy, but still ...) We can't see friends or family at all.

Of course I am still staying in touch as much as I can, and I have my amazing partners, but I need my people. I need to see them, touch them, and just BE WITH THEM!!!

I am also bored. I have never been the type of person to like doing things alone. I have my moments where I need to recharge every now and then, but for the most part, I want to be around people. I love crafting - painting, diamond art, etc., doing puzzles, watching movies, playing games, but for me, those are social activities.

And so, I spend my time lonely, even though there are people surrounding me virtually. And it's really starting to get to me. I just feel blah this week.

To top it all off, I am dealing with some physical health things that aren't adding anything positive.

Mr. Devious is amazing, and he takes SUCH good care of me. But we have different interests and how we like to spend our free/alone time. He also isn't a social bug like me, so he just doesn't know how to help (and I can't blame him since I can't tell him what I want/need either).

Lockdown has just been extended another two weeks here. I am not sure what will happen after that. Will we go into more extreme lockdown? or maybe we can have our cohorts back? I NEED MY PEOPLE!!! I need hugs.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1380 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Aww butterfly I am sorry you are struggling. You really are very social and I know you enjoy your outings.

*giving you virtual hugs*

I know it's not the same but I have a friend who does zoom coffee mornings with her friends which helps her a little. I understand the need for human contact though.

Be strong! Hopefully the whole sorry thing will be over soon!

I'm here to chat anytime x
    Posted 01-13-2021 at 03:20 AM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I'm so sorry you are struggling mrs!

It definitely feels so much harder this time!

Squeezey understanding hugs! Xx
    Posted 01-13-2021 at 08:43 AM by LittleMissSass LittleMissSass is offline
  3. Old Comment
    I understand how you feel. Lockdown has been extended with 3 weeks here. While I'm not as social as you, even I really miss seeing people and just having the freedom to do go out and do stuff.

But I guess it's necessary. With the vaccins there is light at the end of the tunnel. Stay strong and don't lose hope.

I'm always here for a chat or a (video) call!