Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Girl Power!

Posted 03-12-2019 at 10:21 AM by Bloxo

Okay...so maybe this feels like an odd title for me to use in a blog...but let’s go with it!

I think it’s fair to say that GD is quite tilted towards be male population, at least in terms of members on the site.

I haven’t done a tally, but there are quite likely more posts that are targetted at guys, more guys posting on the forums and it probably feels a lot safer for guys to post on here...

Sure, there are a lot of posts for the girls, we have some incredible female mods, longterm members, dedicated posters...etc...

But as guys remain the overwhelming force here, I feel things can change, and that it’s fair that we try to have more content for girls, we treat girls better and make this more of a fun place to be than a scary/overwhelming place...

Can I change this? Only slightly, but I will do my bit, and if people want to suggest ways in which I can help they need only comment or PM.

Most of my thinking from now on is going to be creating posts which give girls a bit of an edge here, give them the opportunity to exert some power without fear of backlash.

Now I’m definitely no expert on women, any guy who says he is...I would be concerned about what they think unless they are in particular touch with their feminine side.

But my ask to all of you, when you create a post...have girls in mind, a lot of dares I see, a number of posts seem to only be targeting males, and if that’s your thing then sure go for it, but at least put that into the title of your post, or better yet, if you have a specific dare in mind for a guy, maybe post an alternative version for a girl so they can enjoy as well.

I just want to help make this place as inclusive for all as possible, and most importantly make this a fun place as well!

Because from my point of view, as cool as it is to hang out with the guys, any party, any place is always better with a woman’s touch, and their presence makes everything more well rounded and creative

So please, heed my call and think what you can personally do to encourage more female members to join the site, to have those members we already have contribute more.

Send positive messages to women, respect when they don’t respond to you, respect when they say no to something, read their limits carefully.

People aren’t tools for your personal enjoyment...well most anyway, I know there are some who do crave that...but let’s for arguments sake be more considerate, more understanding and more thoughtful!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1373 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    So for me, I don't participate in dares or even threads a lot of the time, but not because they are more male oriented, rather it just really isn't what I am into. I have my play partners and I don't typically do dares from random people. Sometimes when I feel up to it, I will give out dares to others.

However, the part I find most important in your blog is this:

Quote:
    Send positive messages to women, respect when they don’t respond to you, respect when they say no to something, read their limits carefully.

People aren’t tools for your personal enjoyment...well most anyway, I know there are some who do crave that...but let’s for arguments sake be more considerate, more understanding and more thoughtful!
    I think the biggest deterant for females on this site is the lack of respect from some male members. Thinking that we are here for their amusement, whether that means they want us to use and abuse them, or they assume that they can use and abuse us at first contact.

I also know this is controversial but I think another thing that needs to stop is accusing girls of not being female and demanding proof right away. Why don't we have the right to have fun while still remaining anonymous or private?

I think changing some of that behaviour would be a giant step to making females feel more comfortable. However, I don't know if that will ever change. We just need to be willing to wade through the idiots to find those that are diamonds in the rough.

But I do thank you for writing this blog and trying to make efforts in this area.
  2. Old Comment
    I honestly couldn’t have said it better than butterfly! Lovely blog though! Totally agree, and I’m not sure if it will ever change but it’s moments like these that start and spark change!
  3. Old Comment
    I agree with Butterfly on the most part. I have no idea if we could even clean the idiots out and some people do learn. (Not much but 1% of idiots do learn.)

Girls just get harrased too much and I think it does scare some people off.

As for more dares on guys, there are just more guys here with means by default dares for them will dominate. But, I do agree we can think of girls when posting dares too.

I know I make many more threads towards males and I do agree, I should start keeping females in mind when making threads.
  4. Old Comment
    I would say, to begin with, wall messages and private messages should be DISABLED by default, and when you feel more risky then you can enable them and get your inbox be filled by thirsty "doms". That will eliminate a large portion of the harassment.
    Updated 03-14-2019 at 04:46 AM by Kifla
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kifla View Comment
    I would say, to begin with, wall messages and private messages should be DISABLED by default, and when you feel more risky then you can enable them and get your inbox be filled by thirsty "doms". That will eliminate a large portion of the harassment.
    I think in 6 years that I have been here I have had maybe 1 or 2 wall messages posted by "thirsty doms". Also I dont think the solution is for girls to disable those features. Instead the people abusing those features should be making a change.