Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > eevee.velvet

Rate this Entry

Corner time vs time out

Posted 05-03-2017 at 07:02 PM by eevee.velvet
Updated 05-03-2017 at 07:05 PM by eevee.velvet

This is mostly came from a discussion with sire concerning the difference between corner time and time out.
Corner time - is quiet time. This is a situation where wunnolf's mind can venture into the land of sub space. It is ultra peaceful and a safe place. This usually lasts 60+ minutes and doesn't involve any pain or other distractions (like coins against the wall). This time is about floating.
Time out - punishment time. This is a situation where wunnolf is being punished. There is a sub space but usually comes from feelings of guilt and easing a conscious. There is a relief when the timer goes off that it is all better. Usually involves some pain and other distractions.

Differences -
A time of peace:
Corner time - as soon as enter sub space lasting long after it's over (for wunnolf at least)
Time out - when it's all over.

Pain and other:
Corner time - NONE … this would take away from sub space. Make it harder to get to.
Time out - necessary to make wunnolf think about why they are there and her actions.

Time:
Corner time - 60+ minutes
Time out - usually max 60 minutes

End result:
Corner time - a sense of peace and calm. The floating is amazing and coming out is hard.
Time out - can't wait to move but happy that it's over.

Sub space:
(Quick note - yes sub space is different it feels different at least to wunnolf. If you've never experienced it then try it yourself, a link to help can be found at the end of this blog post)
Corner time - very peaceful. Neither happy nor sad, just content. An innocent role. It almost feels like you are in a cloud all puffy and surrounded by soft things.
Time out - solemn. Almost like a perfect angel sub. The behaviour that caused the punishment is still in the memory and the attempt to say sorry more is there.

Similar -
Clothing:
Though it is optional for both usually there is physically very little worn for these. Both for different reasons.

Corner:
Neither actually need to take place in an actual corner.

Position:
Both can be done kneeling or standing.

Though both of these may seem similar they are quite different. They involve the similar actions but the reason of which you enter them is different. This is why corner time is a like for wunnolf. Where time out is a dislike.
Wunnolf hopes this clears up the confusion.
Oh the link … it can be found by clicking here.
Posted in Journal
Views 550 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    A really nice blog!!
    As owner of the "i did more" cornertime-thread, and being big fan of handing out cornertime I feel really urged to comment.

I never do cornertime, but handing out is a big like of me. My pet has cornertime as a like so we experience it very often. I even wrote a blog on it!

I fully recognize the different flavours of cornertime. We donot use the different wording "cornertime" versus "timeout" but I definitely make a difference between cornertime handed out as punishment and cornertime for funishment.
    Actually,.. I see much more flavours. An important part of the flavours are realized by the "conditioning", the message I give my pet on start.

Cornertime for punishment
    Long to my pets standards, mostly around 1 hour.
    Humiliating position.
    No preparation to guide her to a subby mood.
    Instruction to think about the violation.
    This is hard to endure. My pet is constantly reminded about the fact that she is taking punishment.

Cornertime for cooldown
    Mostly around 30minutes, if time is limited it may be shortened to 15minutes.
    Also humiliating position
    Directly after a punishment.
    No specific instruction.
    My pet knows the punishment is over. She has time to think things over. Allows for a soft transition to RL.

Cornertime for Timeout
    15 to 30 minutes.
    Again a humiliating position.
    Punishment/funishment for brattyness
    I often give if my pet is a bit over energetic.
    It allows a rewind.
    My pet knows it is not "really" a punishment but indeed a winddown from over-energetic behaviour.

Cornertime before a session
    mostly around 15 minutes
    Definitely naked. Often on knees, probably holding the whip.
    I let my pet fantasize about the session to come.
    This allows my pet to get in, or close to sub-space.
    It is always a pleasure to start a session with a nice subby pet.

Cornertime for submission
    mostly around 30 minutes.
    Preferably on knees, naked, nose on the ground, alike the drawing of my pet.
    Allows my pet to show submission.
    I generally instruct her to think about serving me.
    She normally gets into zen-mode after about 20 minutes.

--------------------------
    Most of the time I donot give my pet a timer.
    She just start her time and waits until the "ping" of the hangouts chat-app sounds.
    This brings a really nice sensation.
    My pet does not look at the ipad so she does not know how much time elapsed. She also does not know how much time I give her. Not having the timer makes it easier "in some sense". Since there is no timer, she does not have to worry about the time.
    Well,... she "could" with this post draw a conclusion about the times she is facing, but in reality I also tend to vary things to stay unpredictable. By now, she has accepted that she just gets the time that is suitable for the moment... to my standards. That knowledge gets both of us very horny.

Except when she does time for punishment, I am normally present during her time. That thought helps a lot. She knows that although I am completely silent she is doing her time for a reason.
    From my side, being present during her time is definitely part of the fun of handing out cornertime.