Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

My Hiatus...

Posted 03-03-2019 at 05:07 PM by Bloxo

Hello all,

I thought I would check in...say some things, make some apologies and update all that are interested...

So...I think it was November I actually last used this site, I checked in again yesterday to see what was going on and thought I'd reconnect a little...

Am I back? - I'm not sure, I did miss this site...but also too I had good reasons for being away, it's funny but the thrills you get here...they are so different to the real world, at least the world I experience at present.

Why did I leave?
This is a complicated point, but it's fair to say I was getting way too involved in this site, it was making me stay up all hours, I was managing too many posts...and I felt a bit overwhelmed, I was committing a lot for what I felt was quite little return, it may sound a selfish thing to say, but that was my perception.

I was feeling unfulfilled...the truth is, what are we here to do? We are here to connect, but the connections I was making weren't exactly what I was looking for, I chatted to and played with a lot of fun people, really enjoyed meeting certain members here and explored a lot of new things, having some crazy experiences at times...
But why did I feel unfulfilled?
I wanted something that felt more real to me, 99% of people I talked to, I never saw their face, never knew what they looked like...and that made a lot of the experiences I had feel hollow, I have as good an imagination as the next person...but some things I like to take beyond imagination and take to a bigger step.

Members I got close to would vanish (just as I did I admit, so I can understand that), this though was frustrating when you put a lot of time into getting to know someone and then...poof...but I'm being a total hypocrite right now...

I struggled to find the right balance of play...Most of the time I felt I was having to do the daring, rather than receiving dares that had the same amount of effort put into them, this was frustrating and left me feeling a little cheated in truth...

I was spending quite a lot of money...in doing messy dares...it's quite easy to wrack up a bit of a bill, I was buying materials, supplies...implements...investing a lot into being able to do more in the way of dares...dares which seldom came...

My PM dares were more or less ignored, expect by one member...I'm sure this is not unheard of here, but it adds another feeling that people only want to receive sometimes without giving real consideration for others.

I was getting paranoid about members...I didn't know if people were the gender they said they were, I didn't know if they were the right age to play with...if I did see a picture I started questioning if it was genuine...

I wasn't getting reports, I would issue a lot of dares...but only certain people would actually feed back on how they went...it made the whole process just feel like a waste of my time...why invest time and effort into constructing something when it goes nowhere, or you don't know the end result?

I was breaking my own rules in the pursuit of fun...this was silly of me, but I didn't protect myself for fear of scaring people away, I took dares from people that I normally would not...I let things get a little too crazy, I got too wrapped up in things here.

Friends let me down, certain connections I made went dead, not because the person disappeared but because they just seemed to lose interest, or worse yet...actually seemed to dislike me after a time, not to actually say so...but that is the impression I felt and I never understood why...

All of the above led me to a cycle of depression, a feeling of loneliness, isolation and despair...and I had to go completely cold turkey here...I needed to look after myself and do what was best for me...

What have I been doing?

I've been embracing the real world more, dating, drinking, having games nights, working hard...oh and a lot of gaming, think I finished around 5 games on PS4 in the time I've been away (and some of these were very big games!), watching films/netflix, exercising more...I've been trying to keep myself busy and build up my real life persona, so that I wasn't dependant on the online world...

Despite all of the above though, as I've said...I missed this site and the people on it, I've missed the thrill of putting a forfeit on the line, nothing makes my heart beat than that crazy game of battleships where your dignity is on the line, of taking challenges...this site and the world it represents has quite a power to it I must say...perhaps one that I can all too easily become obsessed with I'll admit...

Apologies...

For all that were worried about me, for all the people who tried to contact me but got left behind, for the close friends I made who felt I abandoned them, for the people that followed my posts and found them being stopped...

I really am sorry, I should have left in a better way, I should have told people I was going...

My only excuse for cutting off...well I was worried I would be dragged right back in if I spoke and I really needed a break...I really needed time to myself and time to live properly.

I don't know if anything big has happened on this site while I've been away, if people want to tell me any news or give any insight I would be interested to hear it...

I am not going to hide away, but neither am I planning to get too involved again, at least not yet...
If I get a good idea I may make a post, but I'm conscious I don't want to end back where I was, spending hours and hours everyday to keep things up to date, having people PM me to ask when I was next updating things, having some of my ideas picked apart...when all I did was try to make this site more fun...

I hope everyone is well and again I am sorry to anyone I hurt or upset by vanishing so suddenly, know that those people were not the reason I left...if anything they were the reason I tried so hard...

Peace out people!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1151 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Welcome back!

Never worry too much about what people might think of you. We all have our reasons to do what we did. Guild and shame are bad advisors.
  2. Old Comment
    I don't hold it against you for taking a break from the site. It was obviously needed and you made the right call for yourself. Real life needs to always come first.

It is nice to see you back around, but maybe lurk a bit, form some real connections. There are always going to be people who disappear or let you down, but others you meet will be worth it!
  3. Old Comment
    welcome back, look forward to seeing you find a happy medium of getDareness