Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > zeketheorc

Rate this Entry

gaming

Posted 12-21-2007 at 11:13 PM by zeketheorc

ok so we hear a lot of gaming convos and everything. I thought I would give my own opinion on the current next gen consoles alone. Lets start with the wii.

The wii is a very interesting system with a unique idea. I was having doubts that I would like the controller, but decided to get it when I found out there were other controllers I could use. I decided to give the new controller a try when wii sports came with it. I LOVED it! It was so easy to use! Now, you may say, "hey, wait a minute! what about all those people who had their nunchucks go through their tv?" To this I really have to blame the people using their wii. I hate to do this but its true. It is not a fault of the controller, but a fault of the user misusing their controller. They would have to chuck that thing extremely hard to get it to go through a tv in the first place/ I also like the games for the wii. Unlike the ps3 and xbox 360, the games have a much different feel which get you hooked on the system. Let me move to the ps3 now.
This system took its time to come out and when it came out it was expensive! This was the main thing that the xbox franchise worked on attacking. You know the only problem with this? while the ps3 base price might be more expensive, the ps3 has free online gaming while the xbox 360 folk have to PAY for online gaming. This causes the 360 to cost more money in the long run. Money aside, I also love the fact that you can play dvd's, ps and ps2 games, and cds on the ps3. It also has amazing graphics that assassins creed has finally started testing a little. While im not focused on graphics, many people now a days want the system with the best graphics. If you are that person, then the ps3 is for you. Not only does it have great graphics, but it is starting to come out with amazing games. Rock band and guitar hero 3 are both great eventhough guitar hero 3 is multi platform. Haze has amazing reviews and we all know metal gear solid 4 should be amazing with how many times its been pushed back. The thing about the ps3 is it has a much slower start due to how complex the code is. The companies producing the games have to use a complete different code. The plus side is a more amazing game which will cause the ps3 to overpower both the wii and the 360 in the next 1=2 years. Add to the fact that they have multiple different hard drive versions along with a version that plays games only to give people more affordable options and the price problem starts to become less of a worry. Let us now move to the xbox 360.
I will be honest here. I hate microsoft and everything it puts out. I hated that they decided to toy with the gaming industry and felt that they pushed it to move ahead at a much faster pace than what it was going. That being said, I do not like the 360. Of all the systems, it has had more people return broken systems than any other next gen console. The price is more affordable than the ps3, but having to pay for online gaming negates that. The games themselves you can find on another system or the pc. The only exception is a few first person shooters. I grew up playing first person shooters on the pc, so a console first person shooter does not feel right to me. Add to the fact that they will all go to the pc anyways negates this. The best games for the xbox console, dead or alive and ninja gaiden, are comming out on the ps3 now. I should say comming back since it started on the playstation console then moved to the xbox console when sony said they didnt need the dead or alive franchise, but now its back. I think this is more a xbox 1.5 than a next gen console as well.
Overall, I give the wii the best starting next gen console followed by the 360 then the ps3. The best overall console I give to the ps3, then the wii and a distant 3rd goes to the 360.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2763 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments