Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

9 Years Later

Posted 09-11-2010 at 09:43 AM by Manbearpig

Wow. I cannot believe it has been 9 years since that dreadful and awful day when the world changed. I can still vividly remember that day hearing my 5th grade teacher tell us that the country was under attack. Kid our age weren't suppose to know that much, but everyone knew what happened that day. 4 planes were hijacked. 2 hit New York. 1 hit Washington. 1 was retaken by passengers and taken down in a Pennsylvania field. Only God and the passengers on that plane knew where that was going. Let us take a moment to remember all those people who perished on that fateful Tuesday morning.

9 years later and we are divided once more. We are marking this day with divide. Democrat or Republican. Pro-Islamic Center or Anti-Islamic Center. To burn a Koran or don't. While some of these have more people than others, we are still divided. Isn't that what terrorists want? To divide us? Why can't, for one day anyways, unite as one. Why can't we tell these people, "Fuck you! We are fucking America. You can try as hard as you want, but we are united as one."

We came back from Americas darkest day. We must be remain united and stop using this day to for own gain. We must stand united as a country, as a continent, as a world. All of us, whether we are from Americas Heartland, London, England, or Sydney, Australia and everyone in between. We must stay together, as one. While we may from different cities, different states, different countries, we are all on this thing we call Earth. We are all brothers and sisters. We are all as united as one and we will be that way for the next 9 years and the 9 years after that, and so on and so forth. So lets not fight over silly things, at least for today anyways. Let us remember those who lives were ended way to early, those who help stop the further loss of life, and those who are still living or have lost their life between that fateful day and now who helped save the lives of other. They are the real heroes of this planet and lets never forget that. God Bless America, and God Bless Planet Earth.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2266 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sad.. I remember reading a lot about it.. <3
  2. Old Comment
    I was watching the news when it happens o.o I thought my parents were watching some old boring story on CNN, as all adults do at that time, x) , and then suddenly it changed from boring news to pewwwww airplanes crash. it was kinda surreal, actually
  3. Old Comment
    My mum was in university at the time, so she was up early studying, and she had the tv on sky news, or something like that. and i remember that's the first thing she spoke to me that day, even though in Australia it was the 12th it happened on, and it's the 12th today, my sister was flying yesterday, and my mum said it kind of worried her a little.

I think it was a horrid event, but I think how we've reacted has given the extremists what they wanted. they are looking to invoke terror, and what did we give them? terror, look at how tight security is on planes now, you can't even bring knitting needles! i think we've gone past pro-active to obsessive measures. what is 200 mls of shampoo going to do?

my 6yr old cousin was almost thrown out of a airport for saying bomb. His exact words were "Is this to make sure no one has bombs?" while going through a metal detector, and the worker full on yelled at him :\
    Updated 09-11-2010 at 10:16 PM by metalchick
  4. Old Comment
    The reason they stopped with the liquids is because someone DID bring in liquids to make a bomb once they were on the plane.

The liquids themselves were harmless household things but combined would make an explosive.

So yeah, there is a real reason behind it... >.>

Anyways, kind of off topic comment.