Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rate this Entry

Thoughts on being collared

Posted 07-03-2022 at 05:25 PM by Butterfly

Collars have always been kind of tricky for me. I am claustrophobic and so the thought of having something around my neck is terrible. In the past we have gotten around this by using a bracelet or a regular necklace. Mr. Devious also once bought me a chain collar that is pretty loose and had a heart lock on it. Very cute, and a bit symbolic. I was able to wear that during play to try and help shift my mindset so that I could submit easier.

But the thought of "being collared" has never really appealed to me either. I am fierce and independent, stubborn. Being collared means that you are "owned", you belong to somebody else. This has never been something that I really wanted, or needed. The thought of it made me want to rebel.

Lately the thought has been creeping into my mind more and more. I am finding the idea of belonging to somebody appealing. And to have a symbolic representation of belonging to him is nice. A visual reminder to myself that I was chosen to be his, that I am loved and cherished and wanted.

For me, a collar would be an equal symbol to a wedding ring. It would be a symbol of devotion, a commitment to Him. And being given that collar would be similar to the act of proposing. Showing his intent to be with me permanently. To do what he can to protect me. Accepting the collar shows my intent to be his, to be loyal to him, and to do my best to serve and please him.

I think recently I have had a few big blows to my heart. I have really felt like second choice. Like I am not being wanted. Easy to throw out. So I think that is where the appeal of this is coming from.

I know Mr. Devious adores me. He chose me to be his life partner. We have been married for 5 years. And I know Jaro holds me in high regard as well. I am his best friend. I love them both so much.

But when it comes to other relationships, especially with me being a sub, there is a vulnerability to it ... I am really giving somebody a piece of me. And so to have them choose me, to collar me, would mean a lot.

That being said, it is still a bit step. Something that means a lot to me and shouldn't be jumped into or rushed. If/when it ever happens, it will be special.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 393 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I understand where your feelings come from and they make a lot of sense. I know I wouldn't want to have to wear a collar all the time, but the ritual of "being collared" and what that means is a good one.

But its not something to take lightly. I really hope you will find someone who you will feel comfortable enough with to let him collar you.