Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > kittenlyss

Rate this Entry

I am ME... and maybe a little

Posted 12-10-2015 at 12:34 AM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-06-2016 at 03:15 PM by kittenlyss

I’ve had people look at the way I’ve designed my blog page and ask why it’s so childish. “Are you one of those littles?”

“I’m not a little,” I said.

I’ve had people see how easily excited I get and watch me jump around. And later send me a message saying how much they enjoyed seeing me let my little side out.

“I’m not a little,” I said.

I’ve had someone explain to a newbie at a party that my obsession (and sexualization of) with gummies is an example my little side coming out.

I’ve stopped correcting people. Partly, because it gets tiring. But also because I’ve been contemplating it for a while now. And I think that maybe I am a little.

Before I came into the community, my friend asked me to stop wearing Disney t-shirts because everyone assumed she was my mother (a fair request, in my opinion). But I took it as “time to grow up and dress like an adult.” One of the things I love about the community is that it’s so supportive of self-expression. Now I realize that it’s ok to wear those Disney t-shirts. And get distracted by my light-up shoes. And pirouette on the sidewalk because I’m happy about life. I buy children’s books and read them with fun voices for myself.

I don’t have to stop adulting to do these things. I don’t have a littlespace. I don’t have a “big” headspace. I don’t want a Daddy. And if I am a little, I don’t think I can really turn it off. I might be able to hide it. But it’s still a part of me, of course.

Because I’m also a brat, a kitten, a submissive, a rope bunny, a book lover, a procrastinator, an introvert, and a chocoholic. I don’t have to stop being one so that I can be the other. Because my identities don’t define me. The whole point of having an identity is that I define it.
Posted in About Me
Views 4010 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love this!! I identify with it in so many ways. And yay to discovery!
  2. Old Comment
    The best way, I think, to describe the complexity of who we are as human beings is with the phrase 'multi faceted'.

None of us is one-dimensional, and all of the facets of our personalities are equally important in making up the personality that we become as the sum of all those things.

So, be proud of your little, and your adult, and your chocoholic and..... all the bits. It's what makes you you.
  3. Old Comment
    I identify with this so much, too! I've admitted I have 'a bit' of little in me, but I never would have really identified as little until recently, and I don't know that I do fully now, either, but I'm my own kind of little. As Wardell said, we are all multi-faceted; and I don't think any of us are so easily compartmentalized. One of the things I love about kink is that it isn't static and can change so much in a short period of time.

Thanks for sharing and I hope you can wear your Disney shirts proudly!
  4. Old Comment
    This is brilliant. I feel precisely the same way (although I have a Daddy and I want him very much). I think the best thing about this whole concept of 'littleness' in kink is that it does provide the opportunity for us to be grown up and do fun grown up things and be that part of ourselves that often earns us weird looks, encouragement to 'be a little more mature', etc. It doesn't have to be sexual. Or kinky per se. And I love how you say it doesn't define you, you define what being a little is, and everything else you are. And that's been my most favourite part of exploring kink - finding all these things I didn't know I was, but so totally am, and figuring out how I want to experience them and make them even more mine.

So I am supremely glad that you are every bit of yourself, and in precisely the way you want to be. That's why I love your face so much.
    Posted 12-10-2015 at 10:37 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Ye're you. You enjoy what you enjoy. You never learnt to be confined to expectations of what to enjoy. Simple...
  6. Old Comment
    This blog entry was a fantastic read.

First off, congrats to you! Having fun is one of the whole points of life. Pity that so many people around you had't figured that out.

Though I'm not a Little, I regularly do things such as jumping into a puddle after a rainstorm. While I fully know that I'm going to get soaked from the knees down and probably regret it later, in the moment it's a completely relaxing, fun thing to do. So I totally get where you're coming from.

Whether or not you do end up giving Little-play a proper go, continue having FUN.
    Posted 12-11-2015 at 11:00 AM by inferiorwhiteboi inferiorwhiteboi is offline
  7. Old Comment
    @HappyMe: Thank you! And, yes, I'm all for awesome discovery. I've been enjoying the discovery adventures so much.

@(PrettyInPink)Gandalf: It took me a while to come to terms with a lot of the things on this list. But I am pretty excited about all of the different facets I keep finding.

@Belle: OMG, I love your face too! And, yes, I love feeling free to embrace all the parts of me. There have been quite a few times in the past year or so that I've happened across an idea and felt just amazed that there was something that fit me so well.

@Bangle: *shipping cuddles your way*

@inferiorwhiteboi: Thank you! Jumping in puddles is so much fun. And yes, I absolutely intend to continue having fun.