Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > revealingcyst

Rate this Entry

Daily Tasks System

Posted 05-08-2014 at 03:32 AM by revealingcyst
Updated 05-08-2014 at 03:35 AM by revealingcyst (Clarification)

Hello all!

I've developed a (somewhat effective) system for encouraging myself to do kinky things more regularly.

It relies on a couple of things:
  • You ideally ought to already have some toys
  • You must be willing to give up control of your purchases of new toys

The Concept

You write down tasks you would be willing to do on some cards, one task per card. In addition, add one or more cards similar to the following: "Buy a sex toy", "Buy some lingerie", "Buy bondage gear". You can use different categories as you wish, these are just the three I use.

Every day, you pick a card at random. Excluding the "Buy..." cards, if you complete the task by the end of the day, you add a small amount of money to a pot (this could be a literal pot, or a savings account, etc). The amount you add is determined by how many days in a row you have completed the tasks you drew.

These are the amounts I'm currently using, but you will have to change them depending on your currency, and the cost of toys in your area / that you enjoy:

Code:
+-------------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+------+
| Days in row |    1 |    2 |    3 |    4 |    5 |    6 |    7 |  > 7 |
| Reward (£)  | 0.10 | 0.20 | 0.30 | 0.50 | 0.70 | 1.00 | 1.20 | 1.50 |
I worked these amounts out by setting an absolute maximum I wanted to save per month (multiply your > 7 days in a row by 30 days, so I got £1.50*30 = £45)
But, that's extremely unlikely! So I also figured out what my rough estimate was for average amount saved. I just used the 2 day value, £0.20 * 30 = £6. £6 is enough to save up for one kinda-decent toy every couple of months.

My logic is this: If I have a toy in mind and I want to get it sooner, I'll start getting a bit more serious about doing my tasks. When I don't especially want a toy, I won't bankrupt myself saving up for them.

The "Buy..." cards
If you draw a card that tells you to buy something, you may buy something if the pot contains enough money for you to do so. For example, a few days after I started using this system I had £0.80 in my pot and I drew a buy card. £0.80 is not enough to buy anything worthwhile, so I simply ignored the card.

If you do buy something, your streak ends and the next time you do a task you get the smallest amount of money again. If you don't buy something, you can draw another card, which works as normal.

Alternative Implementations

Instead of writing on cards, you could use a deck of playing cards, and make a list that maps from playing cards to tasks. You would only shuffle and draw from the cards that have a task mapped to them.
The disadvantage will be that it's harder to add to once you have more than 52 tasks.

Instead of using cards at all, make a list and roll dice.

If you're really hardcore (like me!) you could make an implementation of this system on a computer. If people are interested I might make and release a version of mine.

If you have any questions or thoughts please comment!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3878 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That's a nice idea, I hope you have fun with it.
  2. Old Comment
    I think that is really smart
    Posted 05-10-2014 at 07:42 AM by askmeanything1 askmeanything1 is offline
  3. Old Comment
    This explains your huge wardrobe! Nice system.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AtTheHeart View Comment
    This explains your huge wardrobe! Nice system.
    Ha! Unfortunately, it was intended as a system to limit my purchasing, and what I've found is that I tend to ignore how much money I'm supposed to be allowed to spend on toys and costumes and just go right ahead and buy them anyway..