Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

New Song, New Poem, and Quebec City!

Posted 10-23-2016 at 10:48 AM by The Slutty Princess
Updated 10-23-2016 at 01:02 PM by The Slutty Princess

I've had an awesome weekend! It was good to get away from all the stress that college seems to out on your shoulders. Sammie and I visited our families Saturday morning. It's always great to talk with all of them. Everyone is doing well. I managed to record another song with the help of my lovely sister this time! I had gotten a new audio recording software for my birthday that I have yet to try out but I tried it out for the first time in this recording and I love it. Personally, I think it catches my voice better and I love the fact that you can amplify the instrument while keeping your voice pure. There is certainly a huge difference between this software versus the old one I used! I covered Write On Me by Fifth Harmony, one of my favorite songs. My sister played the piano and I sang, which made it much easier! I can't tell you how hard it is to play an instrument and sing at the same time, it's not as easy as it looks!

I also wrote a new poem!
Beliefs
I believe in a woman's power, individually
and that collectively, our strength is increased exponentially.
I believe good people do exist, everywhere
you just have to search a little harder in this world.
I believe in family, without definition...
by blood, by choice, by bond.
I believe in a lifetime of love, of all types...
for any reason, every reason, or no reason at all.
I believe that yesterday was necessary, today is a gift, and tomorrow is tomorrow.
I believe we are who we are when no one is watching.
I believe we all have the potential to make a positive impact.
I believe in giving it all you've got
with all of your heart and soul,
and fighting like Hell for what you believe in
and never, ver giving up.

And lastly,
As part of the French Club, Sammie and I are going to Quebec City on Tuesday and staying there for two days. Quebec City is the closest, and least expensive way to experience the French culture so it should be fun! I'm looking forward to it! I'll make sure to post a few pictures!

Love you all,
Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 813 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You're voice is so beautiful and touching, and I am so glad you are so blessed and have wonderful people in your life. Thanks for bringing me light and peace.

Great poem

Love,
    Joanna
    Updated 10-23-2016 at 11:27 AM by Joan Sky
  2. Old Comment
    Enjoy your trip!