Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > fork

Rate this Entry

Surgery

Posted 07-18-2009 at 12:32 AM by fork

Soo.. today I found out that I may have to have surgery to remove my gallbladder. They found sludge or some shit in there (no, NOT gallstones, thanks though) on a sonogram and think it's probably best to just remove it entirely. Not a definite though. I'm going in for a second opinion on Wednesday.
Nevertheless, I'm not happy about this. I hate surgery, doctors, needles, scalples, hospitals, anestesia, etc.. Everything. I'm afraid and pissed off. And ranting, I guess. Babbling? Whatever.
Comments/advice/comfort plz. No hating. I don't care how minor this surgery is.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2679 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I feel your pain. I hate hospitals and all that goes with it.

When I was four, I caught some kind of bug which turned me temporarily paraplegic, and I ended up spending roughly two weeks in the hospital. They checked on me non-stop and they never did find out what happened. I got better, but no one still knows why or how.

That being said, things will go fine. My sympathies and thoughts are with you.
  2. Old Comment
    That's really odd.. sorry you had to go through that. It's the WORST when you go to a doctor, expecting them to fix you, and they don't know what's wrong. Well, maybe the worst is that they do know what's wrong, but there's nothing they can do. Either one.
    Anyway, thank you for commenting =)
  3. Old Comment
    Medicine is not an exact science. It's mostly guess work, as I understand it. Doctors perform diagnostics by process of elimination, from the simple to the complex, from the trivial to the life-threatening.

We're still luckier than our predecessors, given the advancements in medical technology. It's just that the human body is the most complex machine on the planet. They do the best they can, and we can only hope not to give doctors too much grief.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that being sick sucks, and that hospitals are cold and unfeeling places. There's no heat in these places, and very little humanity. There's also very little sympathy, so I offer all of mine to take along with you.
  4. Old Comment
    I hope everything goes well Fluffy, thus far I've not had much luck with people I know going to hospital, so I'm really hoping yours is a damned site more simple than others to date.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you at least .
  5. Old Comment
    Thank you prana
  6. Old Comment
    hmm ok well i guess u hate me then since im going to be a dr...but ya it shudnt be tht bad(or was since its sorta old)
  7. Old Comment
    I'm not getting it anymore cause doctors are idiots, like I said, and the surgeon looked at me like "why the fuck are you here". Apparently my doctor recommended me to him for no reason.