Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

The point I was trying to make ....

Posted 07-10-2016 at 11:06 AM by Butterfly
Updated 08-27-2016 at 10:42 PM by Butterfly

A couple days ago I wrote a blog about mine and Asslvr's love story. It somehow turned out longer than I expected, so I didn't get to discuss the original point of the blog. Which is that I hate we have to hide our love story.

Whenever I tell somebody that Asslvr and I met online, they seem to want to know every detail. The problem is, we are not open about our kink to our families. My best friend is the only person who knows the 100% true story about us, and she has been so supportive. I love being able to tell her everything. But it makes it awkward when we have to make up a story to tell everybody else.

When I moved here, Asslvr assured me that nobody would care how we met, however I know woman better than he does and I knew it would come up. Sure enough my first ever hour alone with his mom, and I was on the receiving end of 21 questions.

At first, I was able to keep things vague ...

"How did you guys meet?"

"Oh, wee met online"

"On a dating website?"

"No, actually it was a forum website. Neither of us wanted to date, we just connected and became friends".

That seemed to satisfy people for awhile and then we started getting asked more specific details ...

"What website?"

"umm .... oh .... ah .... hmmm"

The first thing that came to mind was another forum website I was on, it was a pshychology website for people who were seeking support for things such as grieving, abuse, illness, depression, self harm etc. I was a member for a year before I found getDare and it was the only other forum that I could think of at the time.

I tried again to be vague and say that it was a psychology site, but people wanted the exact name and then they wanted to know what we started talking about. I have grown to be able to dodge these questions pretty well.

But a few weeks ago we went wedding dress shopping, and of course they want to know the story. The lady even went as far as to ask what it was that brought each of us to that particular website (AWKWARD!!!).

Thankfully, my best friend got me through it. Since we live on opposites side of the country, I somehow forgot to mention to her my "new love story" so as soon as the lady started asking questions, her face turned brighter red than mine and then as I started to tell the story she started to turn blue as she held her breath to stop herself from laughing.

I could hear her choking and giggling as I went back into the change room to put another dress on, and then she started to text me. I was so grateful to her for turning a very awkward situation into a laugh fest.

I love our love story. It is so magical and I think it is a miracle that the two of us were able to meet from opposites side of the country when we least expected it. I honestly believe we were made for each other.

I want to scream our love story at the top of my lungs, instead I have to settle for a sub par version when it comes to our family and friends. But at least most of the details can remain the same, and I still get to marry my prince charming.

I am also so grateful to be able to share our true love story with all of you here. As well as share so much more with our close friends that we have met here.
Views 1200 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    well, what can i say:

SCREAM!!!

It's the good thing of gd. You can just do.

We will listen, and it will get a smile on our faces
  2. Old Comment
    My family thinks stress and I met in an online book club...his friends think we met online "through a friend of a friend" who knew I was looking to move to the city he lives in. I know this is frustrating, but I'm also glad that we have a place where we can be honest not only about how we met, but our kinks as well.