Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

This is my first blog. It will try to enlighten and inspire.
Old

Happy Bastille Day! mon amie

Posted 07-14-2010 at 12:37 PM by North1 (North1 Enlightenment)

Happy Bastille Day!

Today is the 221st anniversary of the storming of the Bastille, which started the French Revolution on July 14th, 1789.

It is celebrated in France, many of France's former colonies, and wordwide by people with French heritage.
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Posted 01-11-2010 at 02:11 PM by North1 (North1 Enlightenment)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? India Foxtrot Yankee Oscar Uniform Charlie Alpha November Uniform November Delta Echo Romeo Sierra Tango Alpha November Delta Tango Hotel India Sierra, Charlie Oscar Papa Yankee Alpha November Delta Papa Alpha Sierra Tango Echo Tango Oscar Yankee Oscar Uniform Romeo Sierra Tango Alpha Tango Uniform Sierra.
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Old signature

Posted 12-13-2009 at 02:35 PM by North1 (North1 Enlightenment)
Updated 12-30-2009 at 10:27 PM by North1

"The most dreaded of all meteorological phenomena -- the Siberian High." ~ Bill Matheson (1926-2006)

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” - Buddha
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Alouettes Win!

Posted 12-05-2009 at 01:19 AM by North1 (North1 Enlightenment)

What an ending to the Grey Cup. Thrilling or agony - depending who you cheered for.

With no time on the clock the Alouettes missed a game winning fiels goal. Roughriders were joyous, until penalty flags flew. Too many men on the fiels (13 instead of 12). Retry for Montreal and a bit vlosser this time.

The kick was up....and its good. Montreal Alouettes win the 2009 Grey Cup.

A heartbreaking loss for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

(Let's just hope...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Grey Cup

Posted 11-26-2009 at 03:35 PM by North1 (North1 Enlightenment)

Happy Thankgiving to all the American friends here.
I usually take the afternoon off myself to watch a little NFL football.

Grey Cup Update
It is the Montreal Alouettes vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders playing in Calgary, AB for the Championship of the Canadian Footbal League.

I'll go with the underdog Roughriders to win (with my heart anyway). Montreal are 6.5 point favorites.

Go team green!
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Playoffs! Playoffs!

Posted 11-15-2009 at 11:51 PM by North1 (North1 Enlightenment)

Bring on the Canadian Football League playoffs.

East Semi-final: BC Lions @ Hamilton Tigercats winner plays Montreal Als.

West Semi-final: Edmonton Eskimos @ Calgary Stampeders. Winner plays Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Could it be the same 2 teams in the Grey Cup this year? (Calgary and Montreal). But this year in Calgary (last year Grey Cup was played in Montreal).

Lets hope all the games are exciting.
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Can you read this?

Posted 10-27-2009 at 04:18 PM by North1 (North1 Enlightenment)

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized