Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rate this Entry

Seasonality?

Posted 09-09-2018 at 05:04 AM by Bloxo

My latest thought...can Dares be seasonal?

Working in a sector that analyses retail sales this is a concept all too familiar, people buy more chocolate at Christmas, more lager in the summer, Easter eggs at Easter and so on...

But does this apply to Dares also?

Do you tend to have more people doing risky public dares in the summer with the better weather?
Temperature I'm sure must be a factor...I'm sure very few people would try skinny dipping when it's below 0 out there haha

But outside of the regular time of year thinking...I wonder about trends...

Where this comes from is in my main like, i.e. Messy dares, at times I see a lot of active users on the various person above threads, loser has to threads and the games I run...some weekends it goes crazy, other times there seems to be next to nothing going on...I wonder if there is pattern or reason to such things...

Are there other factors at play as well?
Some of the games for example...when you get users who spam them at nausea, when you seem to get users who always seem to win (especially when it's determined by chance), do these people spoil the experience for others and put them off?

I often think if you could derive some metrics from this site it would reveal some interesting patterns...has anyone tried doing anything like this?

Do spankings go up in the winter so people can warm themselves with a reddened ass? Or do they think of Santa and say to themselves...I've been naughty this year, time to repent!
In the new year, do users tend to be more daring and try new things more to go along with resolutions?

That is my thought for the day, would love to hear if people have had similar musings or experiences
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1058 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am not sure about specific dare trends, but I have noticed that there are certain times of the year where user participation seems to go up or down. For example, over the summer it can be pretty quiet at times, while over Christmas break, there are a lot more people around. Fridays and saturdays are a bit more active than Monday to Thursday, but Sundays seem to be the busiest, at least in chat. It is really interesting, and I would love to see some sort of data if it was ever to be collected.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    I am not sure about specific dare trends, but I have noticed that there are certain times of the year where user participation seems to go up or down. For example, over the summer it can be pretty quiet at times, while over Christmas break, there are a lot more people around. Fridays and saturdays are a bit more active than Monday to Thursday, but Sundays seem to be the busiest, at least in chat. It is really interesting, and I would love to see some sort of data if it was ever to be collected.
    Thank you for your observations
    To muse on those, I would say with the summer time more people go away partly...hence a lot more holiday/trip dare posts I notice...

with the warmer weather perhaps people have more they can do and are more active, while at Christmas with the colder weather...people are stuck indoors more and get bored, as well perhaps as feeling a little lonely in the holidays and looking to have some fun to perk up
  3. Old Comment
    Adding to the comments, people usually start work on Mondays, want to unwind after work on Fridays, and are usually off for the weekend. Sunday people usually don't want to go into work the next day (Monday) and are trying to stay up late or do as much as they can before it to make their time off feel longer, or to feel better by relaxing with things they like instead of feeling it's close arrival (sometimes pretending it's not).

Anyway, up North here there's a weird event called the Polar Plunge. Towns go to a lake on the coldest day of the year and can volunteer to submerge themselves. It's usually a televised event and raises money for Special Olympics.

I don't really think there is a pattern for it in the big picture. I think most people just create and share whatever they want, when they want to. I haven't done any dares though. Have you asked questions like these in the truth section? People who do dares often would probably pass the truth section first before the blogs, if at all.
    Updated 09-11-2018 at 01:53 PM by Joan Sky
  4. Old Comment
    There is definitely some kind of pattern!! It’s fun to think about it like this!