Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

So you want to be my slave?

Posted 01-28-2017 at 03:41 PM by CSasha
Updated 12-23-2017 at 04:28 AM by CSasha

Thanks to this post about the difference between a submissive and a slave I've decided to get something off my mind by writing it down. Sine I joined getDare over half a year ago I have seen plenty of requests from potential slaves compared to very few from potential Masters and Mistresses. Partly it's the lack of effort that I cannot stand, I have written about that, but even more, I oppose the myth or thinking pattern which stands behind such attitude:

I want to be your slave, so you surely want to be my Master/Mistress because you get all the benefits without effort.

In good will I forget about the peak of arousal, that let many people forget their good manners. That leave's the question: What is a slave? What are you offering in detail when you offer yourself as my slave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Slavery is, the strictest sense of the term, any system in which principles of property law are applied to people, allowing individuals to own, buy and sell other individuals, as a de jure form of property. A slave is unable to withdraw unilaterally from such an arrangement and works without remuneration. Many scholars now use the term chattel slavery to refer to this specific sense of legalised, de jure slavery. In a broader sense, however, the word slavery may also refer to any situation in which an individual is de facto forced to work against his or her will. Scholars also use the more generic terms such as unfree labour or forced labour, to refer to such situations. However – and especially under slavery in broader senses of the word – slaves may have some rights and/or protections, according to laws and/or customs.
So do you want to be my slave as my property? That means I own you, as well as all your property. Slaves don't have any property. They are their owner's property so all their property is also their owner's one. In this case, first of all sell all your property immediately and transfer all your money to my bank account. Since selling yourself is illegal in most states now I set you free. That's what you wanted, isn't it?

Not? Ah, then you mean 'slave' in the BDSM context. Let's have a look:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Sexual slavery in a BDSM relationship refers to a submissive person in a BDSM relationship to a dominant person (also called a slave owner or the master or mistress) treating the submissive as their slave, i.e., their property. Sexual slavery in a BDSM context is both a sexual fantasy or sexual roleplay. The slave master or mistress might be any person or group, though the majority of such relationships are usually either one dominant, or a committed dominant couple, owning one or more slaves. A sex slave and the owner, and others involved in the relationship, can be of any gender, sexual identity, or orientation.
So you want to be treated like a slave, not be one. In fact, that means you want a (sexual) roleplay or a relationship. So you want to play with me. Fortunately, any game or play requires consent from all participants. I am glad you asked and didn't order me.

I am even more happy that you easily accept when I politely refuse and don't spam me with further requests. In a play we are equals, yes, even in a master-slave-roleplay, though it might look differently. It's even more true for a relationship. Equal means that I don't have to mistreat you in any way or at any time you think I had to and vice versa. As a potential player or partner you compete with any other potential players and partners as well as real life and activities for my time, effort and mood. Behave yourself!

One more word on Masters, Mistresses and Tops. Usually, they are expected to lead and manage. Good leadership and management are rare. They involve much more than just giving out orders. Among many other required qualities and efforts are thoughtfulness, empathy, care, very good communication skills and decisiveness. Try it yourself. It's not as easy as you think, and certainly not without plenty of effort. It's not only an issue of personal preferences! Like in dancing, make yourself pretty and interesting for the ones offering to lead a dance. Pretty doesn't have to be physical or only physical. Exercise. Care for yourself. Be an interesting character instead of just another aroused and bored slave. Be educated. Show virtues. Don't be bored. Don't be boring. That's exactly how you ask to be a slave: Offer yourself, but not in shameful written requests! Do it with your profile, your blog, your comments, your threads, your posts, with your behavior, with every single activity on getDare!

Be a slave, a servant to others. Don't ask to become one.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Nice post, what a lot of people don't understand in the relationship aspect of M/s. The M main job is to reshape the slave to be the best person they can be. Not to have a bland slave that broke the world record of shoving ice cubes up there ass.
    Posted 01-28-2017 at 11:39 PM by MasterMichaelNY MasterMichaelNY is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Good example. I guess the peak of arousal roasts some people's mind or at least knocks out their reason.
  3. Old Comment
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who sees D/s as this. I know as a switch that both roles can be pretty difficult, but I have found the domination role a lot more difficult than the submissive role. One adjective that you mentioned was decisiveness and that's probably one of my biggest flaws and creativity. But in my relationships I honestly enjoy getting to know who my sub is and helping them improve one of the more fulfilling aspects of playing the Dom role. I'm also glad that you see the other party as a peer instead of someone who claims you are at a lower level than them just because you are a sub.
  4. Old Comment
    This Fox may have just found his calling in this site mew. He feels rather it off place as a whole and may start keeping a continuous journal/blog mew. This was very well done and it is a conversation that this Fox has daily mew.