Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Swan Song

Posted 05-11-2023 at 05:07 PM by Butterfly

getDare has always held such a special place in my heart. This is where I met my husband, and my little worm. It is where I found myself. I learned to be a Domme. This is where I have grown into the person that I am today.

I have been here pretty steadily for the last 10+ years. When I am not writing blogs or hanging out in the chat, I am always in the background responding to reports, putting out fires, listening to people whine and complain. It is tiring at times, discouraging at others. I have been harassed, yelled at and seen so many things that I will never be able to unsee. I am not bitter, I am just tired.

I think I have outgrown getDare. I think it is time for me to leave, at least for now. Maybe this place will draw me back in, but maybe not. For now. I just know that I need to go.

For those that want to keep in touch, please do! I love to hear from you (as long as you aren't asking me for unsolicited things).

Discord: Butterfly#3687
Kik: Butterfly.cm
Fetlife: Butterfly_cm

I also still will receive emails when I get PMs (for now). So feel free to reach out that way if you wish.

Thank you for 10 years of awesomeness my friends!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1250 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Good luck on your journey
  2. Old Comment
    While I haven't been active here for very long, I was a quiet lurker for many years and have seen the huge contribution you have made to getDare during that time.

Thank you!

All the best for the future where ever it takes you.

Azyliux
  3. Old Comment
    This is such sad news. To me you are gD.

It will not be the same without you.

Thank you for lots of fun times on here. Thank you for making me feel part of this community, for all the little adminy things you have helped me with and for not covering me in glitter too much

I know our friendship will carry on outside of gD, but it's still sad to think you won't be around here.

<3
    Posted 05-11-2023 at 05:58 PM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
    Updated 05-11-2023 at 06:00 PM by DeepInnerFreak (Stupid spelling error. Reason: Fat fingers.)
  4. Old Comment
    Thank you, Butterfly, for all you have done to make this community a great and welcoming one! *salute*
  5. Old Comment
    Even if I don't you much, seeing you around, read your blogs etc was quite a constant, will be weird to not see it again, anyway wish you good luck with this new chapter, bye Butterfly!
  6. Old Comment
    Your importance for this community can not be overstated, and if I were to try to say anything about it I would only wildly understate, but I'm speaking from the bottom of my heart when I whimper:
    Oh no!
    I am going to miss you so much! We've never really interacted a lot, but you have always been there, like a... well, like a rock. The anchor of gD?

I don't know what to say. I can't imagine gD without you.

I'm going to call you Butty one last time: Fare thee well, dear Butty. Live long and prosper.
  7. Old Comment
    All the best to you ... onward.
    Posted 05-12-2023 at 09:50 AM by FrostbittenSoul FrostbittenSoul is offline
  8. Old Comment
    That's really sad, you seemed like such an important piece of this place
  9. Old Comment
    Thanks for being here Butterfly! May you flutter away happily!
  10. Old Comment
    Love you, and good luck with wherever your travels may take you.
    Posted 05-14-2023 at 01:09 AM by silverdarknight silverdarknight is offline
  11. Old Comment
    It's always sad when one of the newer users decides to move on Our paths haven't crossed that much recently, but I know how much this place has meant to you. I don't think this is goodbye, but you have to do what you feel is best for you. So good luck, and I hope our paths cross again. x
    Updated 05-14-2023 at 04:27 PM by Come-Here
  12. Old Comment
    I am sad to see you leave, Butterfly. You have been an invaluable piece of GetDare and one of the truly awesome parts of this place. I wish you all the best with your future and hope that you find all the happiness as you move onwards. <3