Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Whats New: Featuring Birthday Celebrations!

Posted 10-12-2016 at 09:06 PM by The Slutty Princess

Firstly, I’d like to thank you all again for the many birthday wishes, you all made my birthday more special than it already was! Sorry for not being able to write sooner, I’ve been swamped with school, work, and other minor things but I thought I’d share my other birthday celebrations with all of you!

Apart from the wonderful birthday night last Thursday, I had quite an eventful weekend! Friday, after classes and work, Sammie and I went out with friends to celebrate and we had an amazing time! We had a large rally of friends, including Jadayah, Allison, Dorinah, Nicole, Eric, Kirk, Pierre, and Christina, all friends that I’ve met from college. Maybe I’ll make a blog about them some time and introduce them all to you, they are all amazing people! Anyway, we all went to a local bowling alley and had a blast, snacking on burgers and fries, chatting, and of course, bowling. Haha, I didn’t win a single game, bowling isn’t my strong suit, my highest score didn’t even make it over 120! I might have been better off using the bumpers! Nevertheless, it was a great night with friends!

Saturday was the best! Sammie and I got to go back and visit our families! After hugs and kisses and showers of love from my parents, my grandma, and my siblings, we all went hiking at a nearby state park. There is not a better spot than outdoors to celebrate your birthday! I love nature and I would spend every second of my life outdoors if I could. It was a great time! My parents and grandma stayed back on the beach, relaxing in the sun while me, Sammie, my sister, and my brother all went hiking. It was a strenuous hike, hiking uphill, downhill, and even having to climb a few bluffs and jump rocks but the scenic views were amazing. We spent all day there, hiking, swimming (even if it was chilly), and cooking out on the grill. At the end of the day, Sammie and I laid on the beach and we watched as the glorious sun disappeared into the dark night. After the sun went down, we went back to my house and I opened gifts, mostly being gift cards and money, but that’s all I needed and I appreciated all my gifts! After ice cream cake, Sammie went back to her parent's house to sleep and I stayed with my family. Since my room was empty and all my belongings had been moved to college, I spent the night sleeping with my sister, catching up with her. We got a few stressful conversations off our shoulders, it’s been awhile since we’ve been able to talk, and we always unload our problems on each other since it seems as though she is the only one that can help me, and she sees me as the only person that can help her and I loved every second of it.

After an awesome breakfast with chocolate-chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausages, and bacon, courtesy of my dad, I visited Hailey. Likewise, it had been awhile since we last talked and I was glad to catch up with her. She even surprised me with a birthday gift, a few fleece sweaters, and a gift card to Bath and Body Works. As we usually had done, I told her how my angel was doing, all about the letter she wrote, and the promise ring, and she told me how Ana and she were. I was joyous for the two of them, at the end of the year, Anna would be moving to the United States and Hailey had the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on her. It made my heart warm. I can not put words into how much inspiration Hailey has provided me with, she has made me love Sammie unconditionally, through any ups and downs, and to have somebody that I can relate to at such a young age is indescribable, it makes me happy to know she is finally happy, even if things aren’t well with her family, she only needs that one person to make her happy, and to me, that is amazing! After visiting Hailey, I caught up with some high school friends, including Amber, Jane, Hannah, and a few boys that graduated with my class. We went to Applebees and had a delicious meal and an even better time discussing how everyone was doing. All is well with everybody and that makes me even happier. After lunch, Sammie and I went back to the city, ending my splendid weekend.

In other news, I’m trying to prep for an upcoming speech I need to give. I think I may have shared it with a few people via PM but I don’t think I ever mentioned it in a blog post, well if you didn’t know, a few weeks ago, I was accepted as the president of the LBGTQ community on our campus, and I’ve been given the job to make a speech that inspires other and informs others about our community and give them the idea that we aren’t different, we are all human. I’m looking forward to it but I’m also a little nervous. As for other news, I can’t think of much besides classes and work, that seems to be my life. Both are going well. Sammie can’t seem to catch a break, with the constant changing of temperatures here in the wonderful state of Wisconsin, Sammie has caught the flu so she hasn’t been feeling well these last few days. Ugh, even the little sickness causes me to worry from what happened last time when we thought it was just a cold. Anyway, hope all of you have been having a glorious week!

I love you all,
Lia.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 632 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Lia,
    That is great from how you had a very fantastic weekend of celebrating your 19th Birthday. It sounded like, the bowling was a blast and so much joy for everyone around you. It is great how you spent a gorgeous day with family and Sammie at the lake. No doubt your grandfather was watching from above too and enjoying being with you all.

Well, I know you will do a great job on your speech. You can't change everyone views as it would be nice. It is just a way of life and even harder on a college campus. I do hope that Sammie get over that flu, as that crazy weather is just that .