Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 9 votes, 3.22 average.

getDare: A safe place

Posted 03-06-2019 at 08:50 PM by Butterfly

I have spent a lot of my life feeling unsafe. Growing up in the house that I did, I never knew when I would be verbally or emotionally attacked. I never knew what I was going to get when I walked in the door. I was constantly on edge.

It was a theme that continued throughout my teen years. Having friends who were hot and cold, off and on. Not having anybody who I could count on. It seemed that anytime I got attached to somebody they would hurt me or disappear.

Of course being sexually assaulted and in a car accident just made me feel less safe. But the truth is, I have had a lot of fears in general: walking outside in the dark, storms, being alone ... I have learned to be suspicious and skeptical.

When I got attacked at work in September, I reached the height of not feeling safe. My anxiety was so high it was crippling. It took every ounce of strength that I had to get up and go to work, and some days I just couldn't.

Everything came crashing down during the getDare election. My one safe retreat from the world became a place where I didn't feel welcome. I didn't feel safe here anymore. I had to leave.

This was super hard for me. getDare has always meant so much to me. This community has built me up, it is where I met my husband. It literally changed my life! I have a lot of passion for the people and community here, not just the kink and sexy times.

After a break, I slowly tested the waters. I dipped a toe in here and there, and I started to be present in the chat room again. I also bumped my ad.I was starting to enjoy being here again, but still was hesitant.

However, these past few weeks has been a turning point. I am feeling safe here again. I can feel the support of the community around me, cheering me on. I have met some new people, all of them amazing. I have a new Dom who I adore. I am writing SO MUCH! My bratting game is on point!

Not only am I feeling safe here again, but it is giving me great joy! I have these fluttery butterflies in my tummy, bouncing around all giddy and excited. It is a wonderful feeling. I feel so much energy. I want to bounce around the getDare walls, bounce around chat, skip through the blogs section, and prance around the threads.

That feeling of safety is so precious and important to me. I am going to embrace it while it lasts.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4151 Comments 13
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 13

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Yay! I'm so happy to hear this and see you back so fully and actively on getDare!
    The place just wasn't the same without you.

But a Butterfly with butterflies in her tummy? How does that work.... lol
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    Yay! I'm so happy to hear this and see you back so fully and actively on getDare!
    The place just wasn't the same without you.

But a Butterfly with butterflies in her tummy? How does that work.... lol
    Ummm ... I got nothing ....
  3. Old Comment
    @Katie: I think we just found out our Butterfly is a canibal
    That is how she got them there!
  4. Old Comment
    I'm so glad that you have found joy in being here again. I'm having so much fun with you! ♡
    Posted 03-07-2019 at 03:43 AM by LittleMissSass LittleMissSass is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Wooo! It's really fun to have you around, tearing around, putting 'kick me signs' on peoples backs and pulling their pants down.

I won't focus on the bad times but look forward to the good times with you and all the other awesome fuckers on here
  6. Old Comment
    To have played even a small part in this makes me very happy indeed.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemuricon View Comment
    @Katie: I think we just found out our Butterfly is a canibal
    That is how she got them there!
    No! I do NOT eat butterflies.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LittleMissSass View Comment
    I'm so glad that you have found joy in being here again. I'm having so much fun with you! ♡
    I am having so much fun with you as well!!
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MastersVoice View Comment
    Wooo! It's really fun to have you around, tearing around, putting 'kick me signs' on peoples backs and pulling their pants down.

I won't focus on the bad times but look forward to the good times with you and all the other awesome fuckers on here
    Thank you, I have enjoyed having you around as well.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr.Dom View Comment
    To have played even a small part in this makes me very happy indeed.
    You have played much more than a small part.
  9. Old Comment
    We love you Butterfly! x
  10. Old Comment
    I’m glad you’re seeing gD as a safe place again ������!!!
  11. Old Comment
    So pleased to hear this! Welcome back properly!
  12. Old Comment
    What a great post! It shows great strength to get through what you did and also share it. I'm sure there are others out there that will get strength and power from what you shared.

You're a true asset to the site!
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by creativekink View Comment
    What a great post! It shows great strength to get through what you did and also share it. I'm sure there are others out there that will get strength and power from what you shared.

You're a true asset to the site!
    Thank you, this is really kind.

All of the wonderful comments have meant so much to me.