Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

Rate this Entry

Best of 2017

Posted 12-31-2017 at 08:38 AM by Hammarling

Couldn't really think of witty title for this one, as it's quite simply a little list of some of the best things from 2017.
Entirely non-kinky, entirely my own opininos, but hopefully a little interesting.

Best Film: Dunkirk
Nolan's best ever film (yeah, i said it) is a 100minute onsalught. The converging timelines are a triumph of building tension. The ensemble cast is powerful yet quiet. The cinematography is breathtaking. And after it finishes you can't help but feel attacked yourself.
Definitely the best film of the year!
Special Mentions: Baby Driver, The Big Sick, Split, Get Out, Logan

Best TV: Mr. Robot
Recovering in style from a slight wobble at the end of Season 2, Mr Robot is back on top of the tv world. Fantastic scripting keeps techno-babble to a minimum and drama high. Performances from a cast that leave you questioning if TV actors could win an Oscar.
A tour de force of dramatic expression!
Special Mentions: Marvel's Agents of Shield, Game of Thrones, The Feud

Best Album: Wonderful, Wonderful by The Killers
As a fan of The Killers since their beginning this is the best of the best yet. A terrific journey through a man's changing views of the world and himself. Plus some incredible lyrical work, and enjoyable hooks.
Special Mentions: Divide - Ed Sheeran, After The Laughter - Paramore, Nothing Without You EP - Emma Blackery

Best Sport: Superbowl LI
Even though i don't like the Patriots, boy that game was something special. A true monument moment that will be remembered and talked about for a hundred years.
Special Mentions: Americas Cup, U-17 World Cup Final, Womens Cricket World Cup Final

Best Video Game: Mario Odessey
It took hundreds of big ideas, stripped them down to basics and then perfected every single one. The most game packed game possibly ever, each level is a joy and the entire game is sheer beauty. Arguably one of the best games of all time!
Special Mentions: Legend of Zelda BotW, PUBG, Nier Automata

Just a few small viewpoints on some of the highlights of the year. A reminder that not all of 2017 was horrible.
Hope you enjoy. Share your throughts or own best things!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1419 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    "Nothing Without You EP - Emma Blackery"

Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. (Also it's named after Magnetised, not Nothing Without You but that doesn't hide the fact that Nothing Without You is the best track on there)
    Updated 01-01-2018 at 02:40 PM by PacifierGirl2
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PacifierGirl2 View Comment
    Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. (Also it's named after Magnetised, not Nothing Without You but that doesn't hide the fact that Nothing Without You is the best track on there)
    I was doing this off memory (because if i couldn't remember something it couldn't be best) and Nothing Without You stood out more than Magnetised (as did Human Behavior, but not that horrible re-release of Don't Come Home). So minor mistake on my part.