Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MasterDaddy02

Rate this Entry

Re: The Day!

Posted 05-08-2016 at 09:17 PM by MasterDaddy02

Well today was a double strike. It was my mother’s birthday and it was Mother’s Day. The day was cloudy as we started out on that road. First, we stopped off at the flower shop to get flowers for the next step of our journey. It was my stepfather, sister and I looking over the flowers to get the best of the best for a loving wife and mother. Then it was off to the cemetery to end that journey. But, to this day, I still can't believe she is gone. To this day, I still have those hard days to deal with. But, it is kept inside my heart. It is my heart feeling those tears inside of my soul. Yes, like how it was today for me. The sky was not clear and beautiful, instead it was so very cloudy and drops of rain was falling on us. As we were kneeling at the grave. And placing the red, white and yellow roses at the head of the beautiful grave. One of my mother’s best friends was at the grave before us and placed flowers and a little silver purse. As it was quiet and we just stared down at that ground and thinking back to the life that our mother had.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1608 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I pray for God to heal your heart. That must be really hard. I don't even want to imagine. When I think about that possibility myself, it brings me to the verge of tears and more, and I have to bring myself out of it.

My Mom has had health concerns since she was young but she has been awesome through it all and still is... I'm the only one of my siblings that is constantly there for her. Cancer signs (zodiac) are well-known for being mama's girls or boys. Anyways, I'm devoted to her and supportive of her. I want to make her happy and be helpful to her. I want to be nearby and make her feel an abundance of love from her family, to spend a lot of time with her, have a lot of good memories, and not take her for granted. She is the most important person to me. That would really crush me, but I would try gather the strength she has shown me all along and the strength I have within to be her beautiful legacy, and let the beautiful song continue.

Thank you for sharing what must be hard. I fear that too, but I try not let it overshadow me.

Other things I fear?

That I won't totally be whole in this life because the choices I've made out of love, but choosing from love are the best choices to make. I would make them again. And I have faith everything will be all right. I've seen things happen I didn't expect, and parts have me have been healed and fulfilled that I didn't think would, so I am truly thankful for that and the blessings I receive, give, and sometimes simply see.

My only regrets are that I didn't savor my childhood more, focus on those I love more, and follow my passions sooner. I can still make efforts to build stronger relationships with those I care about, but my childhood is gone. I can still nurture my inner child and start following my passions as much as I am able henceforth. I am not perfect, there are still things I can try to repair, things I can make right in the end, and some things I can't but I have learned. It does not do do well to focus on things I can't change, but on what will make a difference now or later. Though sometimes it is good to cry and express and get it off your chest, don't stay down there friend, for everyone wants to see you smile.

God bless you and your loved ones and friends,
    ~Joanna
    Updated 05-15-2016 at 10:28 AM by Joan Sky
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joansky View Comment
    I pray for God to heal your heart. That must be really hard. I don't even want to imagine. When I think about that possibility myself, it brings me to the verge of tears and more, and I have to bring myself out of it.

My Mom has had health concerns since she was young but she has been awesome through it all and still is... I'm the only one of my siblings that is constantly there for her. Cancer signs (zodiac) are well-known for being mama's girls or boys. Anyways, I'm devoted to her and supportive of her. I want to make her happy and be helpful to her. I want to be nearby and make her feel an abundance of love from her family, to spend a lot of time with her, have a lot of good memories, and not take her for granted. She is the most important person to me. That would really crush me, but I would try gather the strength she has shown me all along and the strength I have within to be her beautiful legacy, and let the beautiful song continue.

Thank you for sharing what must be hard. I fear that too, but I try not let it overshadow me.

Other things I fear?

That I won't totally be whole in this life because the choices I've made out of love, but choosing from love are the best choices to make. I would make them again. And I have faith everything will be all right. I've seen things happen I didn't expect, and parts have me have been healed and fulfilled that I didn't think would, so I am truly thankful for that and the blessings I receive, give, and sometimes simply see.

My only regrets are that I didn't savor my childhood more, focus on those I love more, and follow my passions sooner. I can still make efforts to build stronger relationships with those I care about, but my childhood is gone. I can still nurture my inner child and start following my passions as much as I am able henceforth. I am not perfect, there are still things I can try to repair, things I can make right in the end, and some things I can't but I have learned. It does not do do well to focus on things I can't change, but on what will make a difference now or later. Though sometimes it is good to cry and express and get it off your chest, don't stay down there friend, for everyone wants to see you smile.

God bless you and your loved ones and friends,
    ~Joanna

Thankyou,
    For your kind words and sharing how much of that support you are for your mother. Also, for being honest within yourself and sharing that.

Yes is not a easy road for anyone. No matter how strong you are, inside your soul is that quiet river of tears.