Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average.

Compliments & Positivity

Posted 02-16-2019 at 08:02 AM by Butterfly

I have struggled a lot through the years with self image and loving myself. When all you hear is negative things about yourself, you have nothing else to believe. Those things you hear, they feel true, they become your reality.

Since I have met Mr. Devious, I have been on a journey to learn to love myself. It started with me believing that he truly felt like I was adorable, beautiful, sexy, caring, worthy, etc.

After awhile, I was able to start to see little glimpses of myself through his eyes. He started to teach me to love myself.

It has been a hard journey, and I still struggle really hard with receiving compliments. Either I will completely dismiss and deny them, or I will turn into a ball of goo and blush and hide.

So when I wrote the February Dare of the Month, I really didn't expect myself to participate. Or if I did, I was going to do the second option.

However, I have been feeling really good this week. A bit of a high after a few weeks of lows. So I decided to take the plunge tonight. I am going to put myself out there, and let others compliments me.

I have started a thread where people can leave a comment about me. Hopefully something positive as is the intent of the dare. At the end of this weekend, with Mr. Devious' help, I will cover my body in the compliments, along with a few words of my own.

This is a bit scary for me. The last time I did something like this (something similar on facebook), I asked for people to post a gif of something that reminded them of me. I received one or two nice posts, and then a very hurtful and mean post. The worst part was that it was from a family member.

I am hoping I don't regret this. It is a big step. But I am going to let myself be vulnerable and see what happens.

In the spirit of me being positive about myself. I am going to list 5 things that I like about myself:

1. Creativity: I think I am a very creative person. It is something that a lot of times just comes naturally to me. I may not be good at executing the project all the time, but I come up with some pretty interesting ideas.

2. Communication: One of my biggest skills is my communication. I am a very open and honest person and I am skilled in communicating my needs to others. I also do very well at helping others learn to communicate better.

3. Cute little nose: I love my little nose. It is small and round and cute as a button. And is made even cuter with my nose piercing.

4. Resilient: I have been through a lot in my almost 30 years of life. I have been knocked down more times than I can count, however, I always manage to get back up again and keep pushing forward.

5. Sassy: Now some people might not take this as a compliment, but I think my sassyness is a lot of fun. I am playful and energetic. I am smart witted and quick.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1431 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think this is a beautiful thing. I hope it goes as well as you envision. I've added to your thread and I'll try to think of more as well
    Posted 02-16-2019 at 08:46 AM by Faithfullyyours Faithfullyyours is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faithfullyyours View Comment
    I think this is a beautiful thing. I hope it goes as well as you envision. I've added to your thread and I'll try to think of more as well
    Thank you very much for the kind words.
  3. Old Comment
  4. Old Comment
    Posted. :-) I broke the "one word" rule, though... *whistles innocently*
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Comment
    Posted. :-) I broke the "one word" rule, though... *whistles innocently*
    Haha! I will forgive you this time :P Thank you for your kind words.
  6. Old Comment
    You are quite welcome, comrade.
  7. Old Comment
    I am so proud of you for this and for finding the courage to post the thread. It is so so so scary to leave yourself open like this! But I agree wholeheartedly with all the words you recieved!