Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Butterfly on Strike

Posted 06-10-2018 at 07:43 PM by Butterfly
Updated 06-22-2018 at 07:26 PM by Butterfly

I have been saying that I feel like going on strike for a little while now.

For the last week, and the next two weeks, I will be working 10 hour days at work, which when added to my one hour commute each way, equals 12 hours of work crap in a day, including Saturdays.

I also have been putting 5+ hours a day into trying to create new and engaging things and managing different areas on getDare, we well as doing my general socializing.

On top of those time consuming tasks, I still have been trying to be there for my friends and family as they need me, and keep in touch with contacts from getDare as well.

It has been a bit overwhelming.

However, my amazing sub, Jaro, decided that he wanted to use a well earned reward, to grant me a short term break. He could have chosen anything: a recording, photo, possibly being allowed to edge in order to earn an orgasm, a free pass to touch as much as he would like ... anything! Yet, he decided to request that I turn off my phone and computer and relax.

I can't even express how much this means to me. The fact that he was putting ME above any of his other wants and needs (he has to ask permission for basic need at time, and if I am not around, the chances he has to wait for them are more likely) was so touching.

I struggle to unplug, as do a lot of us I assume. I get approximately 20-30 messages through PMs, kik, skype, facebook, text message and email each day. It makes me so anxious to have these pile up, that I usually will go through emails when I wake up to pee at night. However, I also know that taking a break is important, and so I agreed to grant my little worms wish.

I turned my phone off today around 12:30 pm (well actually I turned off the wifi and data so that I could only receive phone calls and text messages). I spent my time reading and napping and then cuddled up with Mr. Devious and watched a movie before we made a delicious dinner together. I also snuck in a phone call with my little cousin, but it was a fun chat I promise!

I found myself grabbing for my phone to look something up on the internet, or to check my email or facebook, or getDare PMs, but I didn't once turn the internet back on or turn on my laptop. It was a great break.

Of course, as soon as I turned the internet and data back on at 6:15 pm, I had about 10 missed notifications and 7 emails, but I was very happy for the break.

This really couldn't have come at a better time. Not only have I been stressed and exhausted lately, but I also had a bit of a breakdown on Thursday night which led to me self harming. Something I haven't done in a few years. It is disappointing and stressful and has made me feel very down and ashamed this weekend.

This break certainly was needed. Although I still feel a bit wound up and tired, I am starting this week a bit more refreshed than I would have. And it is all thanks to my lovely little worm.

Thank you Jaro, from the bottom of my heart. You take care of me, even though it is my job to take care of you. You are an amazing sub, and an even better friend. Thank you <3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Good worm indeed.
  2. Old Comment
    Oh! You beat me to blogging about this. I was going to blog how sweet it was too.

You deserve a break, you do SO much for everybody.

And Jaro is so incredibly sweet to have done this for you, we really do have the best little worm!
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Comment
    Oh! You beat me to blogging about this. I was going to blog how sweet it was too.

You deserve a break, you do SO much for everybody.

And Jaro is so incredibly sweet to have done this for you, we really do have the best little worm!
    We really do! I honestly couldn't refrain from bragging about how amazing and sweet our worm was.
  4. Old Comment
    Jaro: GOOD GUY!
    Butterfly: You've earned it over and over and over again!

Nothing more!
  5. Old Comment
    *raises a glass*

Cheers, Jaro, for looking out for your Mistress!

And cheers to you, too, Butterfly, for the unplugging for a while. Really, really is a good idea.

Glad that you're feeling a bit better. And sorry to hear about how long your work day is. :-O Yikes!
  6. Old Comment
    Thank you to all for your kind comments and supports. Jaro really is an amazing worm. I think I am really going to try to take more time for myself over the next two weeks, especially with work being so hectic. So please excuse any delay in responding to people.