Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pluky

Rate this Entry

Flaws and qualities

Posted 09-29-2022 at 06:27 AM by pluky
Updated 09-29-2022 at 08:31 AM by pluky

This is not going to be a BDSM related post. It's the kinda introspective writing I usually do in my personal physical (paper) journals, but nowadays I enjoy expressing myself here, and some people enjoy the read so why keep it to myself ? Getting right into it now...

Perhaps you have some traits or tendencies that often annoy you about yourself, you see the way it affects people around you or it works against you in various situations and you hate it. Or maybe there are things that irritate you that someone else does, and you wish they didn't have that thing about themselves, because you like everything else or most of it. And yes we can all work on our weaknesses, strive to be better, yada yada.

But I wanted to talk about the full picture. We tend to think of those traits separately, like each one is its own unique entity, like you can keep one and subtract one as if they were features on a video game character.

The reality is that humans are more complex than that, and what we see as two separate traits (sometimes one might be labelled a quality and the other a flaw) are often the same one and only trait.

You are this loving person and you are also this person who gets easily sensitive and hurt because of the same trait, your sensitivity or your heart. They might like the way you analyze things, your problem solving skills, but god forbid when the same analytical mind starts acting out in ways that are less easy to appreciate, like overthinking. I hope you get the idea : it's not two different things, it's not a quality and a flaw, it's the same quality of the same brain, we just like it when it does certain things and don't like certain other things, and label them a quality and a flaw.

Much like a coin these traits have two sides to them. As I said we can always try to improve, maybe minimize the impact of what we label as a flaw, but you can't really take one side from a coin. So try to appreciate yourself and others as a whole, have some love for the little irritating things because if you pay attention, they might be the same traits that you don't hate when they get to shine or work in your favor.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I always think the things that people perceive as their flaws or imperfections may be the exact thing that endears or attracts another person to them.