Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Things we need to grow up on

Posted 03-17-2011 at 10:35 PM by Manbearpig

A lot of people make me angry. Some of it is probably not deserved. Others do deserve it. I am just going to list a few things that people in this world need to grow up and move on

-Gay marriage critics. Why do we need to fight this? What exactly is wrong with gay marriage? It doesn't hurt you in any way, shape or form. If anything it helps you because it is added revenue to the state. If it is against you Religion, first off, either disagree with your Religion (it is very easy too, just look at me) which is the real practical and should be logical option, or, if you must, don't do it. That is the easiest way to avoid any issues. But why must others suffer and not get the rights they want because you are an idiot? And in case you are wondering, I am straight, but this whole issues seems like it shouldn't be an issue

-Abortion. I am not going to argue abortion whether it is right or wrong. I can see both sides of the argument, and since I am not a female, I am not necessarily going to care about it because odds are I am never going to need one. What I find remarkable is the way people take sides on the death penalty debate (once again, something I can see both sides of.) Those who are usually in favor of abortions are against the death penalty and vice versa. One thing is Planned Parenthood. Yes they offer abortion services, but they also do a lot of good things like raise sexual awareness about STD's and whatnot.

-Final one and it is Nascar fans. Oh man they are driving a fucking car and making left turns! How exciting is that? From what I understand, you can't see it anyways at races. Now I won't lie, I usually watch parts of the Daytona 500. But unless I am being forced to watch others, that is the only race I will see.
Views 2383 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I personally am a Nascar fan, and agree it can be pretty boring , but so can football, one team runs one way other team runs the other, they do this until someone scores and repeat it over again. Some teams and better than others, some drivers are better than others. There are good passes, receptions etc. There are good wrecks.
  2. Old Comment
    MPB, if you think the race is not exciting, you should see the new style of TWC. Now THAT is not exciting.
  3. Old Comment
    You know who else needs to grow up? The media with their violence fetish: There IS positive news out there, you know! Life is NOT as bad as you make it seem!
    Posted 03-18-2011 at 02:01 PM by AlmightyElemental AlmightyElemental is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlmightyElemental View Comment
    You know who else needs to grow up? The media with their violence fetish: There IS positive news out there, you know! Life is NOT as bad as you make it seem!
    While I agree with you, it all depends on where your at. I think in the local media, violence is based on where you at. I live in a big city's suburbs and go to school in a farm town. Majority of the time, not a lot of violence is mentioned in the news when I am school, simply because there isn't a lot. At home, I think they need to keep people up to date. On a large scale national media, that is one of two things the media can focus on and USUALLY agree on (with the other being politics). I think that is simply for a ratings standpoint. I do however think the person doing the right thing or people who are not focused on (teachers, firefighters, ect.) should get a lot more praise and attention.
  5. Old Comment
    MBP, I am not going to argue any points here (Gay Marriage, Abortion etc...), however, I do want to say this: If you disagree with your religion, then why have that religion? If you disagree with it, then maybe it is not for you.
  6. Old Comment
    I know you posted this along time ago Loke but I never saw it.

I am allowed to disagree on things. I really am trying to figure out whether or not I want to remain Catholic. It is hard for me to just say no because I enjoy a lot of Catholic traditions (Palm Sunday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, Christmas Eve, ect.). However, some of the beliefs are also against my political views, which are equally important to me.