Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Hate

Posted 07-10-2010 at 12:45 PM by Manbearpig

(MBP Note: This is not a political, religious, or any type of belief that might piss anyone off kind of rant. There is offensive language; however, most of it is direct quotes. However, this is a rant. This is also a true story and how I feel)

Hate.

I was driving back from classes the other day. A local soldier recently had died overseas last week. I decided that since the Church wasn't too far away, I would pass it too see how many people were there (I am a curious person). As I got closer to the Church, a lot of local streets were closed off due to the high amount of people attending. So I go a different way. And guess who I saw; none other than the Westboro Baptist Church with their rainbow signs saying God Hates Fags and God Hates Americans and Thank God for Soldiers Dying. So like usual when I hear people yelling obscenities at me while I drive, I slowed down and gave them the finger and drove off. This is the third time I had seen these clowns. I saw them last year, at a concert for an artist that rhymes with Belton Bohn (Elton John) and a few years back at a funeral for a soldier of a parish that I attend. Now, they don't go to every soldiers funeral, but they try like hell.

As I was thinking about it on my way back, I thought about hate. What a strong word. I am sure we have all used it from time to time. I hate dishes, or I hate (the opposite political party that you might support). And I am sure we have used it on people from time to time. For example: "I HATE MY PARENTS!" or "I HATE THAT BITCH!!!" But after cooler heads prevail, do you really hate that person. Sure, you might dislike them, but do you really hate them? Sometimes, I think, in the heat of the moment, you might say something like that, but really you might think differently later.

Now the people who I refer too, the Westboro Baptist Church are really no different than terrorists. Both live lives of hatred for the same purpose, God. Now, I am not saying God is what really causes the root of all evil. That's stupid. What I think causes this evil is their own hatred and prejudice. They are unwilling to love because they elect not too. I couldn't imagine living a life of hatred.

What is the point you might be asking by now? I guess it will be, if you by chance do live a life of hatred, do you really? Do you really hate your life? If you dislike it, fine. And finally, going back to the Westboro Baptist Church, does God really hate homosexuals or America. I don't know, I've never met the guy (okay, fine. I stole that from an M&M's Christmas Commercial). But if you are going to say you hate people for the choices they (or maybe even God) makes, don't hide behind the man upstairs. Face it straight on and change it from "God Hates Fags," to "I Hate Fags," and show everyone the unneeded hatred you have inside. As the great band War once said (NOT SMASH MOUTH!!!!!! EVEN IF I DID POST A VIDEO OF THEM A FEW MONTHS BACK!!!! ), Why can't we be friends?
Views 2688 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Yes, we have also heard of the activities of the Westboro Baptist Church in England too. It is unbelievable that a Church engages in such activities as this.
  2. Old Comment
    I don't have enough energy to hate people I know that have hurt me, let alone strangers. o.O

Some people have issues and belong in a mental hospital, not a pulpit.
  3. Old Comment
    Well MBP, you may not like what I am going to say, but you giving them your middle finger did not make yourself any better than them. As a Christian, you are supposed to not swoop down to people's levels, go beyond their hate and rudeness,a and then if you do that, people will know you are a Christian. but if you say you are a Christian, but then flip someone off, that will turn people away from the religion plus people wont know you are part of that religion.
  4. Old Comment
    Loke, I am a smartass who swears a lot. It is the way I am. Like I said to start off, this isn't a religious post,this is just an observation nor do I want to make it a religious post. This was really just a middle finger to those people. (On a side not: Anyone who swears at me while driving get the bird in my opinion. I get roadrage)
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment
    I don't have enough energy to hate people I know that have hurt me, let alone strangers. o.O

Some people have issues and belong in a mental hospital, not a pulpit.
    I feel very similarly- some people annoy me, but it takes a lot of effort to actually hate and maintain that hatred- and I have better things to do.
  6. Old Comment
    This church has also been in my area at soldier's funerals. I don't support their views and don't necesarily support their tactics. Hopefully my comments won't be misconstrued as an attack. But I would like to point out a few things.

This group has their agenda (all groups do, even businesses, sports teams, associations, bands, and political groups) and as all groups do they seek to advertise and get their point of view understood and accepted by the general public. Lobbyists sole purpose of existence is to get rules, regulations, and laws passed in their favor. A good lobbyist may personally dislike the position he sells but can succesfully change people's opinions. If they get converts speaking for them then even better. So, like it or not, this group has successfully done the following with your emotions MBG:

1) They made you think about their position - quite a lot since you have taken the time to write this blog.

2) You have written their group name twice in the blog so every one who reads this now knows them, at no additional cost to them.

3) There is a link in your blog to view their group on Wikipedia - and from there links to their website. Mmm, how's that for getting their word out.

4) People have responded to your blog providing the group with even more exposure.

5) I don't know how many people have read this blog, but let's guess several dozen. Some may have never heard of the group before.

6) Maybe not you, but there may possibly be some quiet readers of this blog that will now join their group. The group will silently thank you for this.

7) The act of giving them the finger only confirms their activities have gotten your attention and made you think. This can be looked at two ways: first, some people will be offended that they received the finger; second, a more thoughtful person receiving the finger knows you can be easily swayed by your emotions and use that knowledge to manipulate your actions. Not every one is out to make nice with you and be happy. Inciting anger and fear can motivate people to act - and don't think they haven't planned to get you to act in a certain direction.

When this group no longer receives any attention, good or bad, from their tactics then they will stop. So maybe the best thing to have done was ignore them.

As a side note, as a website with master/slave activity, isn't this what a master should do, get the slaves interest and commitment in serving the master? It doesn't have to be strict ordering, but stroking their emotions.
  7. Old Comment
    @DaVance- That is the definition of a well thought out comment. Some parts of it I have never even thought of. I my opinion (and this is just mine) I feel as though they do need some attention, as people need to be aware that not all Churchs are put to good use. They hide under the image of a "Church." Some (not all) megachurches operate that way. You are right, all businesses have their agenda. Some right, some wrong. What saddens me the most is that Mr. Phelps was once (maybe) a good man. Whether he really did care about the civil rights movement saddens me to think some people might have been hiding their true ugly selves to look like a hero when all that really mattered was the money or the fame. :/
  8. Old Comment
    Or, the best way of all is to go up to those people, tell them why it is bad what they are doing and then just move on. It is alright to tell them in an angry voice, but just use an angry voice, do not let it go beyond that.

If they don't listen to, all you got to say is oh well, or who cares.