Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

The Teams of Free Agency

Posted 06-30-2010 at 09:52 AM by Manbearpig

Okay so what teams are involved in free agency (make sure you click on the link 2010 NBA Free Agency to see my previous posts). I will preview the teams who have a chance to do something big in free agency.

Cleveland Cavs- This is where it all starts. Lebron James, who I said yesterday was the number 1 free agent, played for this team since he was drafted. He was born in nearby Akron. So why would he leave? Cleveland only has room for him. If he leaves, the franchise goes to shit. The rest of the roster is aging. No one wants to play there. But they can offer Lebron more money than anyone else. What he could do is sign for 3 years at max money, give them a chance to win a title and go to New Jersey to the new palace then.

Miami Heat- Some people have claimed that a super three of 3 of the 4 top free agents (Bosh, James, Wade) will go there, but reports saying are Bosh says that most likely will not happen. With them most likely resigning Wade and getting someone else, they have the greatest chance of doing the best in free agency. They are down to 2 players (but reportedly just made a sign and trade with Bosh by some reports, so that would be down to one) but they should fine some players to play around him

Chicago Bulls- Most interesting team. They went all in last week because of the trade of captain Kirk Hinrich. Some consider them the favorites for Lebron (I say they are in a four way race with the Cavs, Nets, Heat and themselves) but according to a betting website, right up there for every free agent. This happened to them in 2000, and they struck out significantly. With a good young nucleus starting with Allstar Derrick Rose and a maturing Joakim Noah, they should get something.

New Jersey Nets- They only won 12 games last season. But they are intriguing because they have a young nucleus as well (maybe not as strong as Chicago). What could put them over the top is they have Jay-Z and a creepy, dirty, Russian mobster running their club. What they have against them? For another 2-3 years, they have a creepy, dirty stadium run by Russian mobsters. For what it is worth, they talk to Lebron first, but he is going to talk to all of the teams he said he was going too.

New York Knicks- For a long time they were the favorites for Lebron. They are going to try to talk to someone so they don't strikeout. But, with taxes, a not so likable coach and high expectation, this might drive players off, leaving them alone in the dark.

Los Angeles Clippers- They have a good nucleus, a nice city, and a nice climate. What they have against them, possibly the coach Chicago fired to get them into this sweepstakes and an assbag of an owner.

Dallas Mavs- The first team listed not in the Lebron sweepstakes (they want to be, but the Cavs are not doing a sign and trade) and are willing to pull of a sign and trade.

LA Lakers- Another sign and trade possibility. They just won the championship, so you never know.

Toronto- Only mentioned because they are open to a sign and trade with Bosh, his current team. This might have already happened.

Other teams include Phoenix and Boston due to players opting out and have the (for Boston anyways, strong) possibility of resigning. Maybe Oklahoma City as they have cap room, but not looking likely at the moment.

Later today- Where I rank what is going to happen.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments