Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

The players of NBA Free Agency

Posted 06-29-2010 at 05:12 PM by Manbearpig

(This is the last blog about Free Agency tonight, unless I create an ever expanding rumors blog)

Who are the players who will be on the free agency this Thursday. Let's meet them according to my rank

1. Lebron James- Interesting, interesting, interesting. The Akron Hammer (for those who don't know, Akron is his hometown located not to far from Cleveland where he played last season) for the first time might leave the (not so) great state of Ohio. Why? Well Cleveland has nothing to offer except more money, which we will talk about tomorrow. With Kobe, arguably the best player in the league since Jordan, and in some aspects better (and I'm a Bulls fan, but I will make this unbiased). He holds all the cards. I don't expect him to take less money wherever he goes, even if that means forming a super team in Miami, as been reported for the past 2 days by some sources. I still see Chicago (once again not biased) as a slight favorite, followed by Miami if he is willing to take a little less money,and Cleveland remains a possibility since they could offer him the most. Also I have read a few articles that say he signs with Cleveland for 3 years and eventually goes to his buddy Jay-Z and the creepy Russian owner for their new castle in Brooklyn. Only thing preventing that from happening now, he would have to play in Newark for 3 years. New York is looking less and less likely, but I guess still possible since they are making a pitch. The LA Clippers (the other LA team without Kobe) will also make a presentation, but they were +2000 odds, the highest of any team making a pitch.

2. Dwayne Wade- From Chicago, but most likely to stay in Miami. The 2006 NBA Finals MVP has suffered from injuries but is still a very dynamic player. Despite trashing Chicago last month, still loves the city. He also has reportedly set up meetings with New York and New Jersey, along with possibly Chicago, but most likely to remain in Miami.

3. Dirk Nowitzki- Reportedly opted out of his deal today. He is interesting because he falls into a higher category of max contracts because of his 10+ service years. So instead of 17 million, he could make 21, and even more with Dallas. Most likely will stay with Dallas, but Chicago and New York remain possibilities, especially if they strike out on Lebron, Wade and Chris Bosh

4. Chris Bosh- He is the 3rd player in the Miami "Super Three." He shares the same agent as Wade, however has been linked more to Lebron, first in the Sunday article which stated Chicago to get Bosh and James and then yesterday in Stephen A's reporting (although most things by Stephen A have been dismissed). He for sure is not going back to Toronto, but a sign and trade, where Toronto signs him for max money and then they trade him away for players, is a real possibility, especially if Lebron were not to join him

5. Joe Johnson- The riskiest of the free agents. Guard for Atlanta who is not returning is set to meet with several teams. Bulls and Knicks are the front runners. He is the first free agent without a doubt not worth max money; however, some desperate team might offer it anyways. He is aging and his projected to decline within 2 or 3 years of signing. Would fit nice in New York and if paired with Lebron in Chicago, also a nice fit (especially since Chicago needs a 3 point shooter)

6. Amare Stoudemire- Another injury risk, but overall a good player. Have read varying rumors. Some say he would want to play for his old coach in New York, others say no way. I could see him going to Miami if they strikeout on Lebron and Bosh but keep Wade. I doubt he goes back to Phoenix, but with Steve Nash there you never know. Chicago seems like a bad fit because he is not a big defense guy (which would give New York an edge if he wants to play for his old coach) since the Bulls hired a Defensive Genius from Boston. A big sign and trade possibility as well for some team over the cap.

7. Carlos Boozer- A nice player. Not going back to Utah. Equivelant to Amare and also an injury risk. I can't see New York because of their offense. If Chicago misses out on Lebron, Bosh and Johnson, a real possibility since they tried to acquire him last summer, so I will give them a huge edge. Also another Miami possibility if they don't get James and/or Bosh but Amare is a stronger possibility in my opinion and from what I have read.

Other notable free agents include Rudy Gay, Ray Allen and David Lee. Allen is an exemption player, so he could go anywhere and Gay and Lee all depend on which team is desperate enough to do something so New York, Chicago, New Jersey and the Clippers all seem like possibilities since their futures are all undecided (it doesn't mean all four of these teams will strikeout for sure, but they have the most to lose)
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    MBP, are you into sports more or weather more?

Now the NBA has a Free Agency?
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    the (not so) great state of Ohio.
    Hey, whats wrong with Ohio?
  3. Old Comment
    @Loke- I am knowledgeable about both, but I enjoy sports 141256346346 times more (roughly). Also, to learn more, click on the Posted in: 2010 NBA Free Agency.

@Nate2010- Nothing I didn't enjoy the state when I visited there
  4. Old Comment
    lol, I can't say much, after this school year I'm leaving the state, and I don't plan on living in it again.
    Updated 06-29-2010 at 11:39 PM by nate2010