Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Staan's blog :p

Rate this Entry

meh meh life sucks.

Posted 09-04-2009 at 12:22 PM by Trystaan
Updated 09-04-2009 at 12:24 PM by Trystaan

I just got a call from my boss asking if I could go into work on sunday to discuss the future with him his assistant and the manager of the place I work at :\ he didn't sound happy. i think i might get fired.

I don't know why though, i mean i know i'm the youngest there and hve the least qualifications, but I did just spend £200 of my own money signing up for new qualifications. I've never been late and whenever they have asked me to cover people I have always done it, coming straight from school or biking there at 7:30 in the morning in the rain, and once the massive snow day.

I'm feeling pretty pissed off imo. + pretty hard done by.

Wankers.

edit: I forgot to say that i am on atleast half the wage of everyone whilst some of them are on a bout 10 times as much as me an hour. even though I'm only the youngest by one academic year and am only one qualification behind.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1390 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I quit a repair tech job because I had more qualifications and experience than anyone on the staff but was paid less because I was not willing to dishonestly rack up useless services. All that mattered to them was finding ways to add additional charges the sales people could then pass on to customers. Fixing machines was the last priority on their list. It's too bad because I really enjoy troubleshooting. I moved the most units and had the least number of redos but was passed up for raises while those who had no experience and were dishonest about the services necessary got them.
  2. Old Comment
    I'm unemployed right now and so are most of the people I know- it's tough right now but whatever happens don't let it make you miserable- you're clearly intelligent and i'm guessing a hard worker, so it probably that they feel threatened by you and you may not fit well with the company- give it time and you will hopefully find a job with people who appreciate the work you do... It's an awful time to not have a job, but you may not be yet, and don't give up if you do.
  3. Old Comment
    Tristan, sorry to here that. A lot of companies are downsizing at this time due to the economic situation, damn greedy bankers, and last on first off is often the way it is done. You may not be the only one getting removed from the payroll. That doesn't help much I know. But if it is money and not your work thats the problem, then make sure you get a good referance from them that states you are punctural, have good work habits, are loyal and reliable, etc. Worth its wait in gold when your job hunting later. Do make sure they say they can be contacted for phone references. If they are letting you go as a cost cutting exercise they owe you this.

Depp, there are honest companies out there, better to jump ship and find such a company that appeciates your honesty than stay. I'd be tempted to report your previous company to the authorities. Do their customers a favour.