Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Business card - My rules of engagement

Posted 06-10-2018 at 09:17 AM by CSasha

Cass
Lover of Humans and Humanity

Rules of Engagement

1. Respect all people's privacy and private space. Included is not being bothered without reason, and not being continuously bothered beyond reason.
For example: Don't message anyone without a good reason. Don't whisper someone in chat without giving a good reason. Don't message someone again who didn't reply to your first message or told you to stop messaging.

2. No violation of privacy and private space without the space owner's consent.
For example: Don't touch anyone without being 100% sure they agree. The same goes for stripping in front of others, sending nude pics, coming to close and much more. No sex without consent.

3. Consent can only be given.
For example: Consent is when the other person agrees. It is not when you think or say others agree.

4. Consent is limited to what and when it is given for.
For example: If someone agrees to continue your conversation, it doesn't mean you may call them Mistress, Master or anything like that. They have to permit that first.

5. Consent can be taken away any time.
For example: If someone you had long conversations with tells you to stop messaging, you may not do so anymore. No matter what happened before, when others disagree they do disagree now and from that point on, until they change their mind again.

6. Everyone knows best about themselves, and only themselves.
For example: You know better if you are happy or feel pain right now. Others could claim they do, but they don't. You know best about yourself. Never assume you or anyone else knows better about another person.

7. I will call you however you want to be called (within limits). You do the same for me and everyone else. No matter how others think you, I or anyone else should be called.
For example: If you say your name was Samual, I will not ask for your passport or disbelieve you. The same goes if you say your name was Samatha. You may even change that over time, just don't do so too often or I get confused.

8. You define your gender and what that means. I will always respect that. Vice versa! That means I define my own gender and what that means. No matter how others define theirs.
For example: If you say you are a man, than you are. If you say you are a woman, than you are. Nothing else matters.
If you believe every man has to be interested in soccer, that is your definition applicable for yourself. You may define your manhood this way. You may not define another person's manhood this way without their consent. Others may define for themselves that a man has to be interested in ballet. They may not apply that to any other man than themselves.

9. There's more than you know. It exists.
For example: There are more different beliefs than yours. There is something you don't know yet for sure. There are more sexualities than just heterosexual or homosexual. There are more genders than just male and female.

10. Be polite!
For example: Say "Hello" or "Hi" or use another greeting. Use people's prefered names. Don't use names or titles they haven't agreed to be used by you. End with your own name. Follow the rules of engagement of people you communicate or interact with.
Views 2398 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    <3

"End with your own name"
    Sorry I forget this sometimes, too accustomed to hyper-casual text talk
  2. Old Comment
    Don't mind if it's back and forth already