Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

What's it Like to be "Sexually Hidden"

Posted 07-22-2010 at 06:46 PM by lokelake

This has been on KinkTalk for a while now, so I think it is fair if everyone gets to read it instead of just 18 and overs.

The part in quotes may not make sense but we shall see I guess.

All throughout school my parents did not want me to learn anything that is sexual related. When a sexual subject was coming up, I would be taken out of class (pretty cool though ) And I was told by my parents to not look up anything that was sexual online. So, that is why it took until I was 18 on getdare to know and learn about sexual things. Things like, boner, masturbation, cumming, stroking, sex toys and more.

Throughout my years (18, 19 and 20) I continued to know and learn more about sexual stuff because of getdare, and I will probably not know everything sexual until later on in my 20s, but who knows.

There, so now when you all say to me, "loke, people as young as their early teens already knows about sexual things," well good for them, but now you know why I didn't know any of that stuff.

Heck, it took me until I was 19 or it could have been 20 to actually know where babies come out from. All thanks to a movie, but, they didn't actually show it, the camera was just so I could get a clear picture of where they come out from.

Of course, now people may get at my parent's case because of what they did to me pertaining to sexual stuff. They made the right call. They are right when they said, "early to mid teens is too young to learn about sexual stuff."
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22089 Comments 52
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 52

Comments

1. Old Comment
    How can one be too young to learn about anything?
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dice7 View Comment
    How can one be too young to learn about anything?
    Why should anyone learn sexual stuff when they are under at least 16?
  3. Old Comment
    Clearly you're parents protection has helped you develop into a normal and sane person. Jesus be praised!
  4. Old Comment
    Praise to unto Jesus!
  5. Old Comment
    Hallelujah.

Amen.

Loke edit: I edited depp's comment!!!
    Updated 07-22-2010 at 08:13 PM by lokelake
  6. Old Comment
    depp is starting to turn this into a religious thing. BAN HAMMER DEPP!!!!
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    Why should anyone learn sexual stuff when they are under at least 16?
    To protect one selves. At our Church we had an issue with a priest, and me being an alter server, I heard the good ol' birds and bees and that if strange priests wanted to do weird stuff, look out. But even before that, we would watch 1980's movies on sexual things and stuff like that at least starting in 5th grade (so roughly 10-11), getting more and more deep each year, eventually going full on (no pun intended...well maybe a little) sophomore year of high school (so 16 years old). And for the record, I went to a Catholic Grade school and this was standard for the diocese (as it is most)
  8. Old Comment
    Well Loke...Some schools, I don't remember where, are giving children condoms for free IN AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. You didn't know about most of the stuff they know at 8!
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiger View Comment
    . You didn't know about most of the stuff they know at 8!
    Because my parents knew how to bring us up, the correct way.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    What makes your parents way the correct way? From experience, my parents would admit that they messed up on teaching me. However, when it comes to sexual education, the situation differs for each person. There is not set way, as each situation is different.

Loke edit: MBP is amazing!
    Updated 07-22-2010 at 08:19 PM by Manbearpig
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Comment
    What makes your parents way the correct way? .
    Because, not teaching a young person sex is normal.
  12. Old Comment
    Kids are curious. Many of the kids I teach at work know where babies come from.
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Because, not teaching a young person sex is normal.
    Well considering males start puberty at age 11, it is normal to teach a young person about sex. Parents can't say you came from the baby factory (I made that up myself) forever.
  14. Old Comment
    "Baby Factory" LOL.

But in all seriousness, I just secretly learn about it on my own accord.
  15. Old Comment
    Quote:
    So are you saying that any parent that teaches their children this are bad parents? If you don't want your parents to be chastised about they way they brought you up, you shouldn't comment on other people's parenting techniques. There is also nothing wrong with someone growing up with knowledege about sex. It doesn't make you want to go out and screw everything that walks and it doesn't corrupt you.
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nellybell View Comment
    If you don't want your parents to be chastised about they way they brought you up, .
    oh they did in the past. And boy watch out, they are not afraid to defend themselves.

And when people doesnt listen, like all of you, , they just dont even bother to try to explain anymore.
  17. Old Comment
    Quote:
    "Baby Factory" LOL.

But in all seriousness, I just secretly learn about it on my own accord.
    It is the parents right to keep students out of sexual education programs, especially in public schools. However, there is child handbook that says, You should teach children about sex at age (whatever). That is based on families and morals. However, sooner or later most likely, they will learn, especially if they wish to reproduce. Some families can wait. Others can't. Most choose to teach earlier so mistakes can't/won't happen without the children or teenagers knowing the consequences. Some hide up by choosing abortions. However, more and more states are making laws saying you cannot get one with out parental consent until age 16 or 18. That is why most find in necessary.
  18. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Amen! I'm glad someone is here to tell everyone that their way of life is the only normal and sane one. Praise be unto the LORD!
  19. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by depp View Comment
    Amen! I'm glad someone is here to tell everyone that their way of life is the only normal and sane one. Praise be unto the LORD!
    May the Lord bless you depp!!
  20. Old Comment
    Ok... here is my little take on this......

I went to Catholic school from the time I was in Kindergarten till 12th grade. My parents were very open with me and my sister and when we asked a question my parents answered with age appropriate responses.

I have worked with children for the past 5 years now from the age range to kindergarten to 6th grade and you would be surprised what children know today... I have heard these children talk about some stuff that I would have never even thought of when I was little.

This is because of them media today and what shows these children watch. So my opinion is that parents should be open to the questions of their children and give age appropriate responses. I'm not saying telling a 6 year old about sex but if they ask where a baby comes from tell them that a baby comes from a mommy's belly because if you hide stuff from children they will find out a way to find it out and it might not be the correct information.
  21. Old Comment
    Statistically, it has been determined that children who learn about sex at a younger age are generally less likely to perform sexual acts on a whim, provided of course the education they receive in that respect is mature and intelligent.

I personnally think it is responsible to teach children to protect themselves from pregnancy, sexual diseases, or even sexual predators.

What age? I believe that when children start to inquire, it is both the parents' responsibility and the school's to educate in matters of sexuality. I'm not talking about being graphic here - I'm talking about letting kids know that it is all right to ask questions and to be given straight answers.

How did you feel, Loke, when you asked your parents about these things at first, and they turned you down, saying you were too young to know about these things? Perhaps you were content with their attitude, but most kids aren't, and if parents of school will not provide answers, most kids will go to their friends (and other less scrupulous resources) to find out. You might have been able to cope with it, and if so, all the better for you, but how many more kids learned the hard way and would have been better off being warned about these things by their parents?
  22. Old Comment
    Quote:
    There's no right or wrong way to bring up a child. Obviously, to the extremes, there is, but, other than that, it's preference.
    Posted 07-23-2010 at 08:30 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
    Updated 07-23-2010 at 09:38 AM by Slenderman - Doctor
  23. Old Comment
    Your parents view obviously differs from that of the Bible. OR maybe they don’t let you read those books in the Bible either.

Read the book of Song of Solomon.
    In fact there are a lot of passages in the Bible that you simply can’t understand unless you have understanding about sex.
  24. Old Comment
    *backs out of this blog very slowly*

Once again, I like what theone has to say.
  25. Old Comment
    I know i posted this at KT, but reading some of your comments I feel like I need to just copy it over again, Cause I firmly believe ignorance is no way to bring up a child of any age.

Though I completely and whole heatedly dis-agree with your last statement. That your parent made the right call and that it is wrong to teach early teens and mid teens about anything sexual.

It is your body, sexuality is apart of everyone's life. It is not some taboo that needs to be swept under the rug out of view of everyone.

I honestly want to go on an on about everything you said here, no offense to you. But it is that out of sight out of mind mentality when it comes to sexuality that gets so many young kids in trouble. Kids will learn about this stuff regardless of what there parents try to hide, and learning on there own or from curious experiences is just wrong. They need proper education before they start getting curious and trying anything dangerous.

Ignorance and censorship in no way should be a child's education.

What would of happened if you got curious and had sex and contracted an STI? Which could of been prevented with proper protection but you didn't know about any of that. what would happen if you contracted the STI and started having problems down south, but are too embarrassed to tell your parents or anyone cause you believe its wrong to talk about that stuff, or because you're scared your parents will scold you for having sex. Many years pass and now you have permanent damage down their, maybe even sterile. All because you didn't know how to be safe, and were scared of what your parents would think.

Or here, what if you and another sexually ignorant teen get curious about each others body, have sex and now she is pregnant.

Education is the best prevention, not censorship/ignorance.

The fact your parents wouldn't even teach you where a baby comes from is so disturbing. It's a natural beautiful miracle. For them to be uncomfortable talking to you about that, is just upsetting.