Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

An open ended letter

Posted 12-02-2009 at 05:04 PM by Manbearpig
Updated 12-02-2009 at 05:13 PM by Manbearpig

Dear users of getdare,

Some users have criticized myself and most of the other mods this week about "picking favorites" and "hating a particular user." Well, I have to respond to these remarks. Look at getdare this way. It is more like a school, the mods are the teachers and Depp is the principal. Think of Depp in a god-like thrown with all the power, however, since he can't always be on, the mods help out. Like most schools, most teachers will claim that there is no "teachers pet." However, as we all know, this is not true. A mod might like a particular user over another. Deal with it. But I have never seen any favoritism taken to any extreme on getdare itself. Now, lets face it, ANY WEBSITE OR SITUATION YOU ARE IN FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, THINGS WILL NOT BE FAIR. REMEMBER THE SAYING, LIFE IS NOT FAIR? WELL IT ISN'T. BUT MOANING AND BITCHING ABOUT IT WILL GET YOU NOWHERE.

As far as hate goes. Maybe after a while we might dislike a particular user, but I am not sure if anyone hates anyone (although this is my opinion only. It might not be what others think)

This is NOT exclusive to getdare. I have seen many forums, not just getdare, that have a large following (not those websites with about a 10 users) have biases. What do TV stations, newspapers, journalists, bosses, and teachers all have in common? They have favorites. This doesn't mean they always treat the favorites better than others. Now, as mods, we know you won't like our every decision we make. We understand that when we become mods (or we will learn very soon after).

I love getdare because where else can people from two complete sides of the world can become friends or two people that have very distinct personalities can get along and share in one interest. Doesn't matter if it is a certain type of dare, Sub/Dom relationships, stories, or whatever. That is why I have been on here for 3 years, 6 months, and 1 day (). But it pains me to see users crying over the little things in life such as a 3 day ban or what a user might have said even though they didn't say it to their face and what they actually did say REALLY meant that. I think you get the point . Let's all just try to be friends? Okay? Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Manbearpig

P.S. I have comments moderated on this thread. That means I have to approve them first. If you have an issue, PM me.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8186 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    For those of you who may think this is unlike me to get a little angry for a change, this is an issue that will do that
  2. Old Comment
    I agree moaning about not being loved by everyone on a website is silly. It happens.