Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 11 votes, 3.91 average.

Anxiety.

Posted 01-16-2019 at 02:00 PM by IceMaiden

I have managed to mostly control my anxiety for the last few years or at least work through it and handle it relatively well the majority of the time. That changed just before Christmas last year when I was laying in bed one night and quite by accident found a small lump in my right boob. All sorts of scenarios ran through my head that night. Because it was around Christmas time I couldn't see my doctor immediately and had to wait for a week before I was able to go into the surgery and have him check me over.

Fortunately he wasn't too worried and told me he was 99% sure the lump was harmless. However because of my age and my family history of cancer, he was referring me to a breast clinic to be 100% sure. Two days after that appointment I recieved a letter with my next appointment at the breast clinic, which is where I will be going tomorrow morning.

I am nervous. I am scared. Even with my doctor's 99% sure claim of it being harmless. While there isn't a history of breast cancer in my family, there is a history of cancer. I lost my nan to it when I was 7 and my grandma to it 4 years ago. Waiting for this appointment has stirred up a lot of negative memories. I was too young to remember much of losing my nan, but I remember everything about my Grandma's fight against it. I remember watching her slowly fade and seeing her near the end and at the end. I remember sitting with her as she passed, absolutely heartbroken. I don't want to face the same. I don't want to go through that.

Rationally, I know the chances of it being serious are slim. At least, if my doctor is good at his job, it is. I am putting a lot of trust and faith in his 99%. But that doesn't stop me wondering about the alternative. It doesn't stop me wanting to break down. It doesn't stop the fear from threatening to overwhelm me. In a little over 12 hours I will be prodded and poked while I have various tests and scans. Soon after that I will recieve the results of these tests and scans. And I am scared.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7373 Comments 13
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 13

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Best wishes for a very positive outcome from your tests.
  2. Old Comment
    Warm thoughts going your way. Hope that the doc was right. Drink some hot coco and watch a Disney movie. Might help to calm you down.
  3. Old Comment
    Good luck, hope everything goes well!!
  4. Old Comment
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ all the love
  5. Old Comment
    I understand how anxious you must be. That sure isn't something you want to think about.

I wish you strength. I hope you get the results soon and I'm sure it will be okay.
  6. Old Comment
    Totally understandable, but I'm sure everything will be okay. Wishing you the best.
  7. Old Comment
    Sending you a trillion of hugs ❤
  8. Old Comment
    Sending you all the prayers and positive thoughts!
  9. Old Comment
    Double-wrap-around hug for you.
    No simple answers. Do what helps you feel better. Talk with friends. Dog love helps.
    Waiting is not easy, but human capacity for handling these low-but-scary risks is weird, and you are responding the way most people do.
  10. Old Comment
    Thank you for all the nice words <3

The nurse who saw me is entirely certain it isn't serious but just from a bump/injury and sent me away with an appointment to check up in 8 weeks.
    Updated 01-19-2019 at 03:51 PM by IceMaiden
  11. Old Comment
    Glad to hear it.
    Let us know how the follow on goes!
  12. Old Comment
    I had the follow up the other day. The nurse was very happy as the lump was almost completely gone so I have been totally discharged and don't need to go back unless I feel a change again.
  13. Old Comment
    yayyyyyyyyy love my healthy icy