Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.

A few words on PM dares + site mechanics

Posted 06-20-2020 at 05:07 AM by Bloxo

Whoever was the first person to think of the PM dare...well I'd like to congratulate them!

I think it is a lovely way to break the ice and start a conversation with someone, maybe some would say we should know someone first before sending dares...but with PM dares it seems fair to send unless someone states only people they know to do this in their profile.

Over time, these have become more elaborate in peoples posts, and it is good to see the creativity they can display, it is also a great way to see a person's likes...or what makes for good punishment

Do I receive many PM dares...? No is the answer, but it is fun to send them and I hope more people take up this wonderful idea, even if they are simple, it gives people a good reason to get in contact with you and improves site interaction!

However...you sometimes here people get frustrated with these being dished out...but why?
Often because people don't send them properly, always read someone's PM dares carefully and make it very specific what you want them to do with it, the more detail you add, the more fun it is for others and the more likely they will actually do them...and not just send you a sarcastic reply!

One thing I do wish for though, is that people would always respond when you give them out, it's always nice to know when someone has completed your PM dare...even better when they return some back to you

Time for my plug: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=387710
Hoping for more posts in this thread, the more subscribers I get...the more I will be doing for this site
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1403 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You're right. I don't remember that anyone that I gave a PM dare sent back report. I believe it's common thought - You don't see many reports on "GetDaee Online" forum despite the fact that most people there asks for dares.
  2. Old Comment
    I've had reports back from some people. Usually the more active they are, the more likley to report back. It just takes some patience to find these people.

I try to report back (if a simple one, may just be a thank you as opposed to if someone sent a pm dare that fairs better with a detialed report.)
  3. Old Comment
    Remember that a 100% response rate is the maximum and ideal. Reality looks different. I don't expect a report when I send PM dares but only to spare me disappointment.

However,I don't send PM dares again to any person I didn't get a decent report. "I did it" is plainly not enough. Everyone can do better.

If you want to be dared, or PM dared, a list of PM dares is a good start. A public list of completed PM dares so far is better. Some piblic reports get my attention and confidence. And then of course if I see somebody participating. If not at all, one more sign it might be a black hole I could waste attention and PM dares, too.
    It also helps to stick with getDare and your PM dares for a while, have them linked in your signature, log in frequently. Though, you rarely get that first attention boost again of right after blogging your PM dares.

Keep in mind, it's not only about sending some PM dares. You'd probably like the srnder to be thoughtful and possibly creative, as well as looking forward to you doing it. So put some effort into it on your side.

Good blog post about PM dares.