Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Literally

Rate this Entry

Exercise (Day 5 - 12/19/2013) [Suggestions please]

Posted 12-19-2013 at 10:57 PM by Literally
Updated 12-21-2013 at 02:39 PM by Literally

So because I was busy and a little sore I did end up taking a break day yesterday. I still plan on doing 5 this week, but I think cutting the time into two sections is better than 5 consecutive days.

Everything went pretty well, I've gotten the whole routine down to about 20mins counting breaks and finding music to listen to.

My current goal (besides getting into full push ups) is to get my whole routine down to 15mins. I think at that point I might add another exercise and make it 4 50s instead of 3. I don't know what this should be and I am open to suggestions. I think jumping jacks are out as they make me queasy.

I'm going to get a couple of 10# hand weights to supplement my exercise routine. I don't think it will push me too far, and I think it opens up some interesting new options.

Finally, I think starting next week I am going to move to a weekly blog format. I will post on Monday and then edit the post to reflect changes through-out the week. I still get a nice record of my progress and have the written reinforcement, but without the clutter and blog spam.
Posted in Exercise
Views 2969 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Good idea on the weekly format; apart from the already mentioned considerations, it will free you up some more.

Regarding another exercise, I'd personally hold off adding until you are more firm in the routine you have; it's still early days, and if you're paying attention to the next exercise rather than the one you're doing it can lead to bad habits creeping in with form and breathing.

There is also a psychological element as you want to be gaining confidence and reinforcing the mental habits that make you feel able and willing to train; as tempting as it is to keep adding more, you can quickly undermine yourself and the effort you have made by doing so, developing a negative attitude toward your routine.

Also, it may give you time to work what you have into a circuit, which will help you longer term, and other elements of lifestyle that will help your training.

Jumping jacks, of themselves, are not that great an exercise, and mainly useful for working into circuit training for a cardio element. If they are not working for you at this time, it will do you no harm to cut them out for a while.
  2. Old Comment
    That's for the feedback! I think I'll take your advice this time and stay with my three exercises. I'm showing a little progress so far, and an just exited to see more :-)