Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Free Agent Report: Day 1

Posted 07-01-2010 at 08:44 PM by Manbearpig

To continue my ongoing series, here is a recap of what happened today.

The biggest news involved two players who got max money who didn't necessarily deserve it. They include Joe Johnson receiving a 6 year deal to come back to Atlanta. This is not finalized, but is almost certain to happen since most smart teams wouldn't offer him 5 years. A win for Johnson. The other surprising player to receive max money was Rudy Gay, who was not even previewed, who received a 5 year max deal to go back to Memphis. He is a nice player, but not worth max money at all.

As far as the top players go (Lebron, Wade and Bosh) here is a recap:

Lebron- Met with 2 teams, New York and New Jersey. Both have interesting pitches, but I think New York is out of the picture and New Jersey is a long shot. Meets with the Heat and the Clippers who are a long shot tomorrow. One thing that did happen was that he said he will have a decision by Monday, which could mean he already has an idea of where he wants to go and wants to be courteous to each team and hear them out.

Bosh- Talked to several teams this morning informally, a few more this afternoon, including Heat who are one of two favorites. Some reports say that 2 members of the Bulls brass talked to him, but that has also been denied. He is scheduled to meet with the Bulls tomorrow, also considered a front runner.

Wade- Met with Chicago and New Jersey today. Chicago has the only chance out of any other teams, and even that remains small. Something significant would have to happen with the Heat and they strikeout on Bosh, Amar'e, and Boozer AND then Lebron would have to go to either New York or New Jersey (with New Jersey being far more likely). I can't see all these scenarios happening, but it has already been a crazy day one. Who knows what will happen...
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thanks for this news update MBP!!
  2. Old Comment
    I thought you were done with the free agent stuff.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiger View Comment
    I thought you were done with the free agent stuff.
    I changed my mind. I was bored last night