Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Stories, ads and dares - My blog is not the forum

Posted 07-02-2017 at 11:54 AM by CSasha
Updated 07-02-2017 at 11:58 AM by CSasha

I just had a friend having her blog post removed by getDare.

The getDare staff has to remain some order, for legal and practical reasons alone, moderate and even delete some blog posts. Without it, there wouldn't be getDare at all, or at least not as pleasant as I know it and love it. Many thanks for that, especially since the whole amount of work behind this community site is rarely seen.
@getDare staff: Many many thanks! I love you for that.

I also had one of my blog posts removed once and had to say it had been managed most positive and constructive. The moderator reached out to me and gave me a very good understanding what I did wrong and for which exact reasons she had to moderate.

Also, I have to admit I don't know or get all reasons behind it. What I know is that at least some staff members like to keep content out of the blogs which have their forum section, for example, stories, ads, and dares. I am eager to know and awfully sorry if I missed the right forum section to start a discussion (once I get a link I might post the link to it here). The thing I get about it is that every user looks and finds the things they are interested in easily. Order versus chaos. What just happened is that someone took the nerves and courage to enforce this wish in the blog entries, also a lot of ongoing work. My full serious respect for that.

That said, I still prefer to post stories, ads, dares and whatever I like within the legal, getDare rules and good manners on my blog here. I am very thankful for getDare at all, including the forum. I also have used it, use it and will use it frequently in the future. It's best for a multi-sided exchange, getting in touch with people, inspiring others to jump in and play, get to know each other, give and get feedback and what not. I also frequently use links to the forum. Is has it's purpose and serves it well.

BUT so does my blog. I am very thankful I could start a blog within getDare, with all the options to set the privacy settings, but also switching comments off or on, being able to moderate them first (though I never used it so far) and even see some view statistics. Awesome. The most important issue about my blog is that it is mine. I control it. I can speak up what's in my mind. I can even sort it. I can easily sort it myself with folders as I see fit. Again, awesome!

My blog entries never drown in other users content, only in my own. I easily find them myself. Always! I can switch my content off and on without losing it. I am the moderator of my blog. I can even artfully play with labels, for example writing an advice looking like an ad. And people interested in my content can easily find it via my folder order. I don't see such a given and editable sorting in my stats of forum posts and threads. You can only search for words in it, not be given once like you even get the tag overview in my blog.

So my serious question is: Is it necessary to deny getDare bloggers certain types of content? It's more effort for the staff and more trouble for us all. When does a blogged fantasy become a story? When do blogged likes, dislikes, and thoughts about looking for a partner become an ad?

Please leave me my freedom to blog the content I like within the general rules, over any content labels.
Posted in getDare issues
Views 4956 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    When there are multiple ads or request for dares being posted in the blog section on a daily basis, it takes the attention away from the blogs that people put a lot of time and effort into writting. I am not saying that there aren't well written ads or dare requests in the blog section, but they have an entire section dedicated to them. A place where you can go and look for those.

I understand it is your blog, but we need to remain consistent.

There are other ways for people to search for content that you wrote specifically. That is what the user statistics are for. You can also easily search your own content by looking at your subscriptions.

I do intent to continue to remove blogs that have a dedicated section set up for them. However things like pm dares, rules, likes/limits, I have allowed to remain in the blog section as they can be easily edited over time compared to the forums. I think that is the most functional. And it makes it easy to link to your signature.

I hope this explanation helps.
  2. Old Comment
    Many thanks for your reply, Butterfly. Do I get it right that the main issue is about the recent blog entry list in the general Blog section as well as below the forum? I see your point that it gets much more flooded when all people post all their stories, ads, dares and what not. I haven't thought about if everybody would do that. You are totally right about that. It would be a mess.

Just asking, because I know programming is always much of an effort, if there was an option not to be listed in these recent blog entries list, as blog in general or for each single blog entry, would you have anything against posting stories, ads, dares in my own blog as long as they wouldn't show because of that option?
  3. Old Comment
    If that was a possibility I think I would have less of a problem with it, but in the end they still have their own dedicated section for those to belong in. I would however like to see rules, pm dares and like/dislike lists in a section that doesn't show up on the main list.
  4. Old Comment
    I think I get your point more and more. Blogs initially are some personal post about how we feel, think and what bothers us. Everything else distracts from that original purpose. So maybe it could also work the other way around: bloggers flag their blog entry as personal, and only then it pops up in the recent entries list, and maybe comments even, too.
    At least, it doesn't seem so much of an easy decision for me now. Thanks for enlightening me.

I am still hesitent to post any new story in the story section though. Fortunately, I am not that much of an industrious writer anyway.

Also, I admit I use the recent blog entries list mostly for picking out new PM dare lists and any issues which interest me, and those are not necessarily personal issues. For example, I found your blog posts on general relationship issues, communication and BDSM quite useful, and I remember other people's entries on such matters, too. I guess that could also move over as long as it's not much of a personal blog post.
    In that way I notice how dangerous unmoderated blog posts might become. I myself already don't look into the forums very often. On most days I just check my subscriptions as well as the blogs, and I would have missed plenty of interesting forum threads like Jaroface's edge AMA if he hadn't post a blog entry about it.

I am not sure if forbidding certain topics in the blogs solves the problem though. Blogs in general doesn't seem the root of the problem for me. Blogs seem to give me content sorted by user and title. An interesting title like PM dares or someone I already know and you have me clicked. Somehow forums only give me the X most frequently used threads so I feel the most frequently used forums like TorD Online are overwhelmed with threads I am not interested in while less popular but for me most interesting threads go lost on the pages after the first. Just thinking aloud.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassandra View Comment

Just asking, because I know programming is always much of an effort, if there was an option not to be listed in these recent blog entries list, as blog in general or for each single blog entry, would you have anything against posting stories, ads, dares in my own blog as long as they wouldn't show because of that option?
    Actually there is,
    In stead of the default "publish now", choose "publish on" option (scroll down and you will find it).

Then just choose a date in the past (like one week or month in the past)
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sir sam View Comment
    Actually there is,
    In stead of the default "publish now", choose "publish on" option (scroll down and you will find it).

Then just choose a date in the past (like one week or month in the past)
    Thank you. I'll have to try this out with my next story. If it works, problem solved (at least for me).

Thank you so much, Sir Sam.
    Updated 07-02-2017 at 11:39 PM by CSasha
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I think I get your point more and more. Blogs initially are some personal post about how we feel, think and what bothers us. Everything else distracts from that original purpose. So maybe it could also work the other way around: bloggers flag their blog entry as personal, and only then it pops up in the recent entries list, and maybe comments even, too.
    At least, it doesn't seem so much of an easy decision for me now. Thanks for enlightening me.

I am still hesitent to post any new story in the story section though. Fortunately, I am not that much of an industrious writer anyway.

Also, I admit I use the recent blog entries list mostly for picking out new PM dare lists and any issues which interest me, and those are not necessarily personal issues. For example, I found your blog posts on general relationship issues, communication and BDSM quite useful, and I remember other people's entries on such matters, too. I guess that could also move over as long as it's not much of a personal blog post.
    In that way I notice how dangerous unmoderated blog posts might become. I myself already don't look into the forums very often. On most days I just check my subscriptions as well as the blogs, and I would have missed plenty of interesting forum threads like Jaroface's edge AMA if he hadn't post a blog entry about it.

I am not sure if forbidding certain topics in the blogs solves the problem though. Blogs in general doesn't seem the root of the problem for me. Blogs seem to give me content sorted by user and title. An interesting title like PM dares or someone I already know and you have me clicked. Somehow forums only give me the X most frequently used threads so I feel the most frequently used forums like TorD Online are overwhelmed with threads I am not interested in while less popular but for me most interesting threads go lost on the pages after the first. Just thinking aloud.
    I am not looking to censor what people write. Mostly I am eliminating the clutter from the blogs page which already has a dedicated section elsewhere on getdare.

My views on relationship and bdsm are personal to me. They may be a resource to other users but they are my opinions and point of views. Hence why they should be allowed in the blogs.

Stories that are written as a report of factual events would still be allowed in the blogs, however those that are fiction would be asked to be moved to the stories section.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Thank you. I'll have to try this out with my next story. If it works, problem solved (at least for me).

Thank you so much, Sir Stefan.
    If I happened to see it, I would still ask that it be moved to the proper section as I am making an effort to be consistent with all users.

While I am not seeking out and moving old posts, and therefore may not see it, I would still ask that members follow the rules going forward.