Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

Politics, religion and other subjects taboo!

Posted 10-02-2018 at 04:34 PM by Bloxo

So...what a day...

I went to London with my folks, as I'm back visiting them at the moment and wanted a nice day out...on the coach to London of course I was checking out the forum...why not eh?

I looked in on my subscriptions, checked out my game updates...and of course looked at the elections, going to freely admit I voted for Lilith, not because of freebies or promises, but because she's a friend who has really made me feel happier on this site...

What I saw though on the post managed to set off one of my bad reactions...politics...see, I have a bad habit of giving out my opinions, I try to keep them level headed, try to keep things sensible...but someone always reacts badly...

On Facebook I commented a lot on Brexit (I'm not saying how I voted to be clear!)...fair to say a subject not to be talked about in polite conversation...needless to say I fell out with friends over it, even had to block a couple of people because what they were saying angered me so much...and when I use that site I like to laugh and connect...not get stirred up and angry!

Now, reading about what was happening in the Queen election didn't make me angry, but of course I couldn't help but state my opinion on the matter...I'm not going to go into details here, but I like to see the world being fair in all things, I know that doesn't happen...but I like to be an idealist at times.

When I see something I disagree with I will call it out if I feel strongly enough about it, not to upset anyone, but because I believe in being honest and standing up for what's right...okay, maybe I have watched too many cartoons over the years haha, maybe I like the messages I heard in those and they stuck in my head...I am not a hero, but I try to make the world a better place and at the moment, this forum is a big part of my world.

People think I take things too seriously, and it's true...despite trying to be a happy and jokey person in life...I can go too far in my thoughts sometimes, can say something when it's better to be quiet and can be rather opinionated...but that's who I am...and hate pretending to be something that I am not (unless roleplaying of course!)

But what I will say about the contest, is I don't think there's harm in people taking these things seriously, if anything it shows how much they have looked forward to it, how much they care about their vote and their candidate and how seriously they treat this site, I think these are things needed on here...
Sure it was meant to be harmless fun, but it became more than that to a lot of people, any game...any event on here, especially when something officially sponsored deserves respect and proper consideration in my opinion.

People put in a lot of hard work, the candidates and teams made their pledges, thought up creative ways to get votes, did a lot of campaigning and were clearly enthusiastic about the whole process, passionate and driven to succeed!
Of course Butterfly helped in setting it all up, it was her idea after all!
Joan Sky the official reporter also put in a lot of time and effort to prep the contest and interview the contestants...

So if you are saying I shouldn't take it seriously with all the planning that went into it...well I'm sorry, but I respect the amount of time and effort that went in to making this contest, so I'm going to care about it a lot.

My final hope is that the tensions caused will subside, lessons will be learnt and the contest will happen again, I think it was a great idea and I believe that it adds a lot of value to have big events like that on the site, as this place should be more than just truths and dares, we are a community after all and we should embrace this place for everything that it can be

and we should all do our part to make this a better place for everyone who wants to be a part of it! (Except fakes of course!)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1067 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I totally agree on all of us doing our part to make this a better place! I love seeing people blog!
  2. Old Comment
    I definitely think thing like this shouldn't be 'taboo' to talk about, they affect everyone in their respective communities. The queen thread was a nice idea, and it definitely deserves to be reopened after all the effort each canditate had put into it but I also hope staff have learnt what repercussions openly picking sides and breaking their own rules can have!
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by T5P View Comment
    it definitely deserves to be reopened after all the effort each canditate had put into it but I also hope staff have learnt what repercussions openly picking sides and breaking their own rules can have!
    I am avoiding commenting in great detail because I think its best forgotten about for a while but I will say that it was the queen candidates who voted to scrap the game. Butterfly and lola didn't have a say. We could have continued or we could have reset and started the process again but as a group it was decided irrespective of all the effort that was put in to it that is was just better for everyone to kill the thread.
  4. Old Comment
    it also was not my thread and i didn’t know if it was ‘breaking a rule’ which was why i ASKED if it was allowed. i did not break my own ‘rules’. if you ask me, the thread was souring before i asked to make my offer for numerous reasons. i still personally think having the chance for a close race would have made things more exciting as can be seen in the king thread.

i’d also like to add that the purpose of voting and versus threads are to pick sides.
  5. Old Comment
    This is a site where people come to play games, have fun, get sexy, interact with other kinksters and basically enjoy themselves. The Queen/King election was meant to be fun, encourage friendly banter and get people excited and competing against each other. Which is what getDare is ALL ABOUT!

Unfortunately there was already negativity before Lola's offer was made, and that seemed to just be the straw that broke the camels back. I have already apologized to the candidates for my piece in that.

As Ly ph confirmed, the candidates were the ones who almost unanimously decided to shut the thread down and walk away. I was willing to continue things because I knew that there was a lot of time and effort put into the thread by all parties. However, I think they made the right decision as it wasn't fun anymore.

Yes, this may have caused me to take a step back from getDare and being active for awhile, but I am not going to think twice about pitting people against each other in the future. It is part of the nature of getDare, and people like to be competitive and have a healthy dose of competition.

For those that don't want to pick sides, don't participate! There is something called the law of two feet ... if you don't like something, use your two feet and walk away.