Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

Old Soul

Posted 08-11-2015 at 11:58 PM by techiegirl
Tags rants, techie

I've been called that before by my seniors. Been told I have old eyes, an old soul, that I've been through a lot. I used to think it was something to be proud of. A maturity that I carried beyond those of my year.

Of course, it's only now that I realize that price tag I never saw. The cost of being an 'old soul' is something I wish I didn't have to pay.

Ignorance is bliss is probably the truest statement I've ever heard. I miss being young. I miss being twelve and being able to sleep without nightmares. I miss the trust I had in others and myself. I miss wishing I was a allowed to stay up late instead of wishing that someone cared enough to tell me to go to sleep.

I miss believing that I was strong instead of feeling my bones shatter. I miss that confidence I had from being the tallest kid in my class. I miss the belief that I was good enough. I miss the kindness I used to have.

I miss not being tired all the time. I'm just constantly exhausted. With my actions, life, surroundings, and choices. I became an 'old soul' at twelve. God, this bitter Earth. I despise seeing the torment and hatred in my eyes. The distrust that has grown over years and years. I'm tired of seeing myself in the mirror.

It's like I'm in pieces because I break like a fever. I break like a wave.

Old soul used to be a compliment to me. I was wise and grown up. I guess I am an old soul. I've got sad eyes and a frown that never seems to leave my lips. We've all got a story to tell, is mine so different than any other teenage girl's? I think not. So, why I am the old soul? Why did I have to grow up?

I wish I had that ignorance back.
Posted in Personal
Views 1281 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I feel you...I had this same experience, of having been once proud of being "an old soul" and ending up wishing to turn back. Maybe the correct verb is "have" not "had"...

Either way, great blog and hang in there! There's always hope for the future!
  2. Old Comment
    What you say rings a bit true with me too. That is a big part of why I enjoy submission. Having somebody take charge, relieve me of my duty to be the wise 'old soul' as you say, is more than a desire for me, its a psychological need. Its all so much better if I feel that the person cares about my well being at the same time. I know that Master KJ cares, that is very important.
  3. Old Comment
    I love your blogs! I always identify with something in them and this one is no different. The thing that strikes me the most, though, is your bravery. You wear your vulnerability on your sleeve, putting it out there for everyone to read, and that is not an easy thing to do. Thank you!