Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

About the big, bad, evil MBP!

Posted 06-07-2010 at 08:25 PM by Manbearpig

After looking at Tigers blog the other day in which she stated that I reminded her about her getDare anniversary, I looked at the date and realized that I missed mine . I have been on this site for 4 YEARS (HOLY SHIT!) and still some people have no idea who I am (I Know!). So tonight, exactly 4 years and 6 days after I joined getDare.com, you will hear the story of Manbearpig!

I joined getDare.com on June 1st, 2006, one day before I finished my Freshman year of high school under the username Dabear, becoming the 188th member to join (including Admin and Guest). It was an old grade school nickname that I still use occasionally. I joined for the same reasons most people join, truths, dares, S/M, and to meet people (at that point S/M was all ages and not just for over 18! However, don't think like that today, you will be banned). Those were the days of dare points (looking back, a fun idea but not really practical) and where it might be a day or two for someone to post a new thread in the TORD online section (instead of every 2 hours or less).

There was a point early on where I almost left the site for good and was gone for a whole month after an upgrade that did not let me into my account. But after that month I came back. Of course from time to time I thought about leaving for good, and twice actually say I was leaving only to come back. Then there was the whole Tessdog thing where a former user (who is back with us and a great contributor, so no hard feelings ) said we shared the same IP address and the only way to ban him was to ban me as well. It was an odd situation, because for an hour people were claiming I was him and that I should be banned (they should have when they had the chance ). But that was worked out.

January 2009, Depp offered me a mod position. Of course I took it. I won't lie and say I never thought about it. I did. There was a point where I really desperately wanted to be a mod, but that ship blew out and wasn't really even thinking about it at the time. I was really going from active Daree to a laid back lounge person. I have enjoyed it a lot since starting. Last April, after thought, I asked Depp to change my username from Dabear to the Manbearpig you all know today. There were some rough spots, especially with one user........but in all it has been a lot of fun.

Since I have come here I have met a lot of interesting people that I have had conversations with. Some good, some bad. One of the biggest people who has helped me is Big_Joe, who convinced me to come back after that month gone. Chloe helped me a lot when I first became mod. Some other really cool people (and sorry if I left you out) have been Robbo!, Coyote, Shiney, Metal (sorry again!), Loke (even if you are banned and we hardly agree on anything), Lilangel, Tiger, Depp of course, Doctor, all the other mods (there are too many to remember!), and anyone else I have happened to come across. Without you all, and everyone else, I would have been gone a long, long time ago.

Love,
MBP
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2778 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Haha it's alright ManBearPig! lol it wasn't all you and all, no worries ok?

Just don't do it again >_> (loljk)
  2. Old Comment
    It scares me to think of how long getDare has been around now. I've gone through more than a few rough spots and abandoned the site a few times myself. In the end I keep coming back because of all the people like you.

Thanks for all your contributions and sticking with us even when times have been tense.
  3. Old Comment
    We love you Manbearpig.
  4. Old Comment
    Awww that was nice!! Promise us you will never leave gD again!! You=important!! And depp should do that too!!
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MBP
    Chloe helped me a lot when I first became mod.
    You refer to the Big, Bad & Evil part, don't you?
    Posted 06-08-2010 at 12:40 AM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline
  6. Old Comment
    ManBearPig... (click and sing)...

HE IS THE ONE AND ONLY!
    Posted 06-08-2010 at 04:39 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Awww LOOK he isn't all Big and bad. He has a SOFT SPOT! How CUTE!!!

Poke...

Poke soft spot...

Poke...
  8. Old Comment
    (:

(paddddddddddddddddddddddding)