Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

The fake RADAR - how to spot fakes and one-shots

Posted 04-18-2020 at 03:28 PM by CSasha
Updated 04-19-2020 at 10:32 PM by CSasha

Disclaimer: I explicitely state that I don't live up to the following standards I may provide in the following text. I am just Human afterall.

Welcome to the internet, a world of anonymity.
That means, you can just jump in, so much is free today, so less effort is needed. No need to pay an entry fee, show your passport or even a pic of yourself. No one needs to know who you are until you decide to reveal it.

Don't overestimate your disconnect between your virtual persona and your real identity though. The arms of legal authority is longer than you think.

You only need an email to register. And you know how easy it is to get a free email, right? Costs you nothing more than 5 minutes. Unless you are in a totalitarian state maybe.

But that means, all people you meet can say anything about them, lying!

So either you ask for proof for everything. Good luck having fun living this life style.

Or you do it like most people: being cautious about everything told to you, written, posted. Is he really locked in chastity? Did he really send me the key? Does he really have a mistress who keeps him locked? Is his mistress who posted real? Does this pic really show that user who said it's her? Is that user really 18 years old or much younger? Did he do the dare as he said? Is her report fake at all? Did that user totally fake that blog post of a hot young slutty girl? Is he seriously looking for eager for completely irrevocable submission without any limits?

Being cautious helps you not getting into trouble. It helps you to avoid fraud. But it's an obstacle to get in touch with people, and that's why you are here, right?

Fraud

Here's what I think I know about credit cards (Disclaimer: I might be totally wrong). The banks want you to use them. They know Humans are lazy and uneducated. They know we don't want to think a lot about our credit card, and any obstacle of using it is decreasing us making use of it.
That's why it's as simple as possible to use your credit card. On the one hand!

On the other hand, fraud is dangerous. You can't prevent it all. Obstacles on using the credit card help but have their mentioned negative effects. So the bank employs fraud managers who look out for fraud and annoying the credit card owners as little as possible.
So programs filter all the data and give them warning signs. And then there are balanced limit by experience when to do what about the case.

For example, if they see I suddenly used my credit card in Israel where I never used it before, to buy an item that is often used for fraud, since it can be resold with little effort and good value, they might call me to ask or just block it right away. Maybe it was me. They don't know. They still make a decisions based on their signs, reasonably scaled to how many and heavy signs they got.

Trust

Never easily give vital information on you away, or even give money away on a promise. You don't know people on the internet! They can pretend even much more and much easier than in real life. Take more time to get people to know. You wouldn't believe a random guy on the street you only see and say "hello" each day, right? It's not just about the length of contact, it's also about what you get to know about the other, persistently!

So what are the signs of fakes? Bad question! What are the signs that you can trust what people say?

See, the problem lies in the effort. The higher the costs of lying, the less likely the lie.

It's little effort to create an account. Unless you choose a good name. So not just a random mix of letters and numbers. Something that means something. Possibly something that is somehow related to you. And then, you'll find it may be used. So finding a name that fits you, doesn't have just a number added because it was taken, isn't just general like "SlaveGirl" or "Laura", that's more difficult. Especially if get caught with a lie and then abandon the account and the name with it.

Choosing a meaningful avatar is effort. Again, when you create a new account and take the same avatar, people are going to notice.

Following the rules is effort. You have to read and remember them first. So people misbehaving
against the rules, including the netiquette, are more likely to be be fakes or disappear soon. And vice versa, people who take the effort to say "hello" and "goodbye", who don't spam you but take the time to wait for your replies, who personalize their message, comments, and posts to you.

Correct spelling, formating, and readability takes effort. Most of us aren't native speakers, and some even have spelling disabilities. Still, a certain standard can be maintained with care. There are enough free programs to help you. Every reasonable mind learns to use punctuation and line breaks.

It's more effort to login back into it after months and years. So account age is a sign of effort, but not much too much. You could just leave the account for all that time.

A frequent login and plenty activies like posts, blog entries, albums, comments take much more effort, especially if they are meaningful.

A meaningful, formated signature with your personal Likes and Limits and possibly even other contact options like kik or further content like PM dares are effort. Have a look at the Likes and Limits. Good ones can be short, but are they just very general ones, or specific and unique?

Having friends who aren't fakes is effort. Few people accept all friend requests by any strangers they never heard of before.

Building up a reputation among users is effort. Completing dares, writing detailed reports, is all effort.

And with all the effort comes the danger of lies conflicting each other. People lying have a short breath since they not only still need to remember the truth, but also every single lie, and to whom they lied what in detail. And then think of all the relations of their statements all the time.

Usually trust works step-wise. Everyone reveals a little bit about themselves, and then more and more. We have topics we are more secret and shy about, for good reasons. But someone not telling anything at all, or very little compared to the others, or very meaningless details compared to the others, you might ask what their reasons are for holding back information in general and in comparison to how much they asked and received. There are good reasons. For example, very few people are willing to give you certain pics or pics at all.
But one reason can be that that every lie threatens the previous lies to be revealed.

The world is no fairy-tale. It's very unlikely that your new contact fits exactly your wish-list, especially after you specifically stated your preferences, and your partner offers to have everything up to the finest detail exactly how you desire it. How convenient!
Real people differ from exact schemes you have. Real people disagree. Real people surprise you.

Due to all the effort it needs to successfully fake, lyers try to achieve their goals quick and big. So they ask for much very soon. It's more effort to go little steps and come back another time for the next little step, and so on.
One-shots often don't know better. They come in horny, haven't done much, and then it goes from zero to a thousand. No experience, overestimating themselves, getting off on the prospect of the heavy abuse, and then, orgasm or fear, whatever it is to make them disappear.

The thing about all this effort is, when fakes are revealed, they lose the usefulness of their account. Trust can't be regained that easily. Once a lyer ...
A similar thing goes for one-shots. Once disappeared ...
So their account is burned. All the effort, wasted for whatever they got out of it so far.

With one-shots, you may still want to have some mercy and give them a second chance, because they might not have been awared or able to follow the Survival guide. I am happy to say that I am happy to have seen some people come back having learned their lesson.

The exception

But what if people take all that effort, log in frequently, posts persistently as one fake person, stick to that one persona and never have trouble keeping it up. What if that slavegirl I am playing with online for so long and so wonderfully was a guy, doing or not doing the things he reports?!

Well, let me tell you I am 100% sure we have such users here on getDare. I think I encountered them, I think I played with them.

You can never know!
They certainly do it for a good reason. Maybe they want to be that persona. Maybe it gets them off. Maybe it's a wonderful fantasy lived out online by them. Who knows?
Anyway, what difference does it make to you? You cannot know.

One day it might be revealed, and then what? Does it change the feelings you had, the experience you had in the past? You can only have bad feelings then, after the reveal. You might feel cheated, angry, insecure now. But the past is the past and doesn't change, only the present.

For example, as a male you might fear that people count that or see you as ... gay? Because you got aroused by and virtually did it with a female persona? A cock or anything else in your ass, a look at a dick, even giving a task all that is NOT the definition of gay. Wake up! Your sexuality is defined about what turns you on, by you, and nobody else.
Or you don't think you are a domme anymore because all the tasks were cheated? Come on!

If they do so well to trick you all the time, it must have been pretty good for you, too.
I personally think, all that effort for whatever, it's their loss. I take them as they present themselves.

If I disbelieve an account, I just stop playing with them, adding to their thread, commenting on their blog entries, and that's it. When nobody replies, they don't get the attention they are looking for, and then they stop due to the effort.
I know this can be hard if you have only few opportunities. Some kind of pussies are rare to get, and way too many want them besides you.

So what about minors then, since I mentioned them as an example. Again, in the long run, if you cannot make the difference, must be clever little bastards.
But hence, if you cannot make out the difference, there's nothing you can do about it. And that can be really dangerous for you for many reasons. But if you can't do anything about it.

In general, you might want to make it more easy to people to be honest. Support and reward honesty.

Listen to people. Read their stuff. Look up what they posted and blogged. It might not only help to spot fakes, but also give you more insight about their motivation and what drives them.

Don't narrow down your contacts to people who might get you off. Look for friends.

Accept uncomfortable truths about others. Communicate and proof how open you are to hear and read the truth. Explain why honesty is more important to you than a bad surprise. Accept failure of others. Open up for confessions and remorse.
Don't shoot the messangers of bad news.

Get along that others differ, in their kink, from what you expect, from what you are looking for. Accept them the way they are. Support them finding out who they are by themselves, not based on what you believe they were. Reward them for being themselves.
That doesn't mean you have to play with them. It doesn't mean you have to give them all your attention.

Treat others equally. Don't discriminate. Sure you want to play with people who arouse you, and that probably comes with certain features they have to have for that. But maybe you should at least talk to people outside of your predator-prey-system.

Be specific. What are you looking for? What is required to play with you? What is optional? Then stick to it! Be honest and true to yourself. Be an idol of honesty.

Be truthful yourself, be open that you can be wrong, accept the world and others as they are, reward honesty, and you won't not only have a fake RADAR, you will have a protection shield against fakes and one-shots.
Posted in getDare issues
Views 1538 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments