Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > pranadevil

Rate this Entry

Well that was f***ing stupid!

Posted 06-13-2009 at 01:48 PM by pranadevil

Picture the scene.

I am hearing noises coming from the window, weird crunchy type noises. On investigation I find flying ants building a nest on the outside of my window.

The best course of action, I've found, with ants nests is boiling water, kills them instantly. So I boil the kettle. So far so good.

I take the boiling water pour it over the ants there, then notice a few below the window, I look under the sill and there's a few under there... I know what I'll do, open the kettle lid, and on three... throw it at them!

Stupid, stupid, effing bloody, stupid idea!

The water hits them... success!

The water hits the wall and has nowhere to go back up... it hits the underside of the window sill... and then has to come back out... right over my hand!

Which leads to me now sitting here with a piece of kitchin roll sellotaped to my hand as I have a severe lack of anything bar plasters (band aid's for you yanks ) for small hand wounds...

At least the savlon felt nice...

So word of wise to others... don't do that!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5809 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Well, at least they died?
    Gosh I hate flying ants.
    xD
  2. Old Comment
    I hate 'em too... I hate them more now... and I've got a wrestling show to referee in a week's time, so hopefully the hand will heal enough to not hurt everytime I hit the mat otherwise... "one, ARGH! two ARGH!" each fall will really suck.
  3. Old Comment
    Well, I will admit, I laughed. For one, I've never in my life heard of a flying ant, and also I could see the thught process that went through your head when you did it. Hope your hand gets better babe!
  4. Old Comment
    "when" I did it... the thought process was more along the lines of...

"Holy sweet effing Jesus that burns, oh christ that burns, ow, ow, ow, ow! Stupid stupid stupid, where'd that Kettle get flung to? Ow!" *hops around in agony*.