Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > kittenlyss

Rate this Entry

I already have enough friends... Wait, say what?

Posted 05-18-2014 at 04:16 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:22 PM by kittenlyss

I had a conversation with another user a while back. And I can't get it out of my head. He approached me and started a conversation. I like conversations. He seemed reasonable enough. I mean, we flirted a bit. But there's nothing wrong with a bit of a flirt, as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't mean we're taking it further than that. So I was a bit surprised when we had a conversation something along the lines of:
Me: I think I've found a Dom that I really like and feel comfortable with.
Him: What are we doing talking then?
Me: Lol, you tell me. You're the one who started talking to me.
Him: Well, we're on a kink site. I kinda put two and two together, y'know?
Me: Lol, oh, well, I'm really just looking to make friends.
Him: I've got enough friends. I don't need anymore.
That. That statement right there. I just don't get that mindset. It's not a sole example, just the most direct. I mean, I understand that you can't let an infinite number of people into your inner circle. But, why wouldn't you want more friends. And on a kink site, more friends means more kinky knowledge you can get your hands on. I'm not seeing the down side.

I've made plenty of friends here. They help me when I'm trying to figure out a new project or practice my ropework. They listen to me ramble on about all the random things that I'm concerned about, but am unable to share with vanilla friends. They ask for my advice and input on their own projects and handling their playmates (or searches for them). And all the other things I get out of talking to my kinky friends.

To the people here who aren't looking for friends: please reconsider. You're missing out on so much.
To all of my GetDarian friends: thanks for being awesome
Views 2009 Comments 14
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 14

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It all depends on why the people are here. Some are just looking to explore "the kink" as it were and don't want to get know new people. Others just want to get to know people and aren't particularly interested in the kink, and then you have those that vary in degree.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BrianJ View Comment
    It all depends on why the people are here. Some are just looking to explore "the kink" as it were and don't want to get know new people. Others just want to get to know people and aren't particularly interested in the kink, and then you have those that vary in degree.
    Well, I KNOW that. I just don't understand it. And, to be perfectly honest, I primarily wrote this post, so that I wouldn't feel guilty about rejecting friend requests and not replying to PMs without an explanation. If they were REALLY interested in getting to know me, they would read my stupid little posts. If they can't do simple research, they're not worth my time.
  3. Old Comment
    make kinky friends with no expectations of anything more, if friends leads to playmates great. if it doesnt, also great.

Strangely enough, i was just about to write a post about a fairly similar topic o.O GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Comment
    make kinky friends with no expectations of anything more, if friends leads to playmates great. if it doesnt, also great.

Strangely enough, i was just about to write a post about a fairly similar topic o.O GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
    Bahahahaha! I am everywhere
  5. Old Comment
    Omg kitten why did you post our conversation! *hangs head in shame* Just teasing!! Kittenlyss is amazing but anyone who takes time to know her or chat with her will quickly learn this! I just recently had the pleasure of finding out, and I must say I always look forward to our late night chats or hearing about her new rope fetish she has developed.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadowice0823 View Comment
    Omg kitten why did you post our conversation! *hangs head in shame* Just teasing!! Kittenlyss is amazing but anyone who takes time to know her or chat with her will quickly learn this! I just recently had the pleasure of finding out, and I must say I always look forward to our late night chats or hearing about her new rope fetish she has developed.
    Well, Shadow, it was so long ago that I thought you'd forgotten. I'm touched that I was that memorable of an experience for you.

And, thanks! You are awesome too! I've thought so since the first time I read your posts. And I'm a major fan of chats. Rope is fun to play with. I'm glad I have someone willing to listen to me go on and on about my newest attempts.
  7. Old Comment
    As far as I can see you have never ONCE made a silly little post. I do understand the mentality mentioned, but largely disagree with aspects of it I've encountered.

Of course you can't make time for everyone, or have that energy, but to have the expectation that a simple conversation will lead to more simply because 'hey, I'm kinky (I think), you're kinky (boobs)... you wanna?' is daft.

It is the loss of the other person, and you so totally rock. You are ALWAYS welcome to ramble to me about whatever.
  8. Old Comment
    *hugs* Just keep being awesome yourself. No need to even consider feeling guilty about not accepting friend requests or responding to PMs. You are a very fun person and I hope that you find exactly what you are looking for. I also hope that you make many more friends along the way.
  9. Old Comment
    I think I agree, this site is more than about doms/subs , i mean its atleast as much fun to talk to other what you experience here as it is to experience a dom/sub relationship itself.
    Although this site is good to own vegetables (IE Tomatoes)
    So dont worry its not bad if you ignore these people , if someone puts low effort into getting something, they get a low quality thing back.
    oh and -hug- ^-^
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittenlyss View Comment
    Bahahahaha! I am everywhere
    Hence, Omlyssient...
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StrawDog View Comment
    As far as I can see you have never ONCE made a silly little post...

...the expectation that a simple conversation will lead to more simply because 'hey, I'm kinky (I think), you're kinky (boobs)... you wanna?' is daft.
    Straw, you obviously missed my first blog post. I assure you, it was extremely silly. A Song to Pee to Also, I love your version of "I'm kinky, You're kinky." And thanks on both counts. I'm sure I will take you up on the rambling offer. I do love to ramble... :P

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shilohs_candy View Comment
    *hugs* Just keep being awesome yourself. No need to even consider feeling guilty about not accepting friend requests or responding to PMs. You are a very fun person and I hope that you find exactly what you are looking for. I also hope that you make many more friends along the way.
    Thank you Alexis! And, don't worry, lol, now that I have a lovely little blog post stating that I don't intend to (2, really, if you count the Disclaimer I linked in my sig) I won't feel any guilt at all about ignoring those who don't make an effort to talk to me like I'm a real person. And you are pretty fun and awesome too. And WAY braver than I am.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SweetTeen View Comment
    I think I agree, this site is more than about doms/subs , i mean its atleast as much fun to talk to other what you experience here as it is to experience a dom/sub relationship itself.
    Although this site is good to own vegetables (IE Tomatoes)
    So dont worry its not bad if you ignore these people , if someone puts low effort into getting something, they get a low quality thing back.
    oh and -hug- ^-^
    *gasp* A comment from my little tomato! *hugs* And, yes, it's fantastic fun to talk to others on here and hear about what they're doing and occasionally trade ideas. And, occasionally, ahhh, plot against certain members. Who totally deserve everything they get. :P And, yes, I will look for a spot for my tomato to go.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoingMyBest View Comment
    Hence, Omlyssient...
    Doom, I can see you right now. And I know you really are a Frank.
  12. Old Comment
    So, you're a talented songstress, too? Wonderful!

There's nowt wrong with a good lampoon.
  13. Old Comment
    I couldn't agree more. I've run into too many people who were hoping this was a dating site, and can't understand when everyone else isn't just sifting for ownerships.

But the friends here are the best! It's the community thing that makes it work! It's ridiculous how I've managed to build personalities which are linked to avatars. Always more friends I think. Lovely post!
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StrawDog View Comment
    So, you're a talented songstress, too? Wonderful!

There's nowt wrong with a good lampoon.
    Lol, I'm glad you liked it. Although, I'm hardly that talented. I just like to amuse myself. And occasionally think of things I think would amuse others.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissKateKink View Comment
    I couldn't agree more. I've run into too many people who were hoping this was a dating site, and can't understand when everyone else isn't just sifting for ownerships.

But the friends here are the best! It's the community thing that makes it work! It's ridiculous how I've managed to build personalities which are linked to avatars. Always more friends I think. Lovely post!
    I also like when I get asked what I'm doing on a dare site if I don't accept dares. Atlhough, I suppose it's a fair question from someone who's only seen the dare threads.

And, yes, I absolutely love the community here.