Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.

Marriage

Posted 05-06-2019 at 09:55 AM by Butterfly

Awhile ago, somebody asked me to write a blog about what marriage was like compared to what I thought it would be like. I thought that today, our second wedding anniversary, might be a good day to write about this.

Mr. Devious and I met right here, on getDare, almost 5 years ago. At the time we lived on opposite ends of the country. It didn't take us long to realize that we needed to be closer to each other. So I took the plunge and one year to the day of meeting online, we started our journey of moving me across the country.

Two years we professed our love to each other in front of a crowd of our family and friends. I can only describe that day as magical. I truly felt like a princess marrying my prince.

Now, I am not going to lie, marriage isn't always easy, but then again, no relationship is. I honestly believe that anything worth having doesn't come easy.

Mr. Devious and I have had a few small fights, and one big one. We have had miscommunications. We have gone weeks without having sex. But we have always been able to talk through things and work it out together.

Growing up, the marriages I was witness to weren't stellar. I wished my parents would get divorced for years before they finally did. So my expectations of marriage were pretty low to be honest.

Also, I am not sure how many people know this about me, but I was previously engaged. At that time, the commitment of marriage meant that maybe I was loved, wanted, needed, cherished. It was an affirmation that I was enough. That somebody accepted me, and wanted to keep me around. I thought that getting engaged was going to make me feel better about myself, that getting married was a miracle cure to all my self doubts. However, it wasn't.

You know what was? Meeting Mr. Devious. Right from the beginning, Mr. Devious made me feel loved. We fought many a times because he insisted that I was cute, smart, beautiful, selfless, caring, sexy, when I felt they were untrue. With his persistence, patience and love, I finally was able to catch glimpses of the way I looked through his eyes. I realized that I didn't need marriage to prove that I was loved, all I needed was the right guy.

Our marriage isn't perfect. No matter how many times i put on a tiara or refer to myself as a princess, and Mr. Devious, my prince, I know that our life isn't a fairy tale. That would be boring I think.

Instead, I am married to my best friend. My knight in shining armor. My dom. The person I love more than anybody else in this entire world. My rock.

Our first two years of marriage have been a roller coaster. We have dealt with some incredibly low lows: deaths, natural disasters, miscarriage, health concerns, other family emergencies, etc. Of course we have had many highs as well: weddings, births, family, friends, fun, celebrations, laughter, kinky times, etc. I could not imagine sharing those moments, both the highs and the lows, with anybody but Mr. Devious.

So is marriage what I thought it would be? No. It is so much more than I ever could have imagined. At the same time, marriage really hasn't changed anything. We still love each other just as we did before marriage, we still fight and work through it, we are still there for each other for all of life's challenges and triumphs.

Two years feels both like forever, and like no time has passed at all. I can't wait to continue to count the years with my best friend.

Mr. Devious. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being with me on this journey. I know that life is going to throw us curve balls, but with you by my side I know that we are going to make it through. I love you more than words can ever express.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 817 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I agree my parents fought and argued about stupid things, some of my relationships in the past ended because of that. But my current relationship is wonderful I am with someone that loves me and wants to make a life with me.
  2. Old Comment
    This is just lovely! Congratulations on finding one another and enjoying each other through the harder times and around the arguments and travails of everyday life. Truly a great thing to read!