Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > kittenlyss

Rate this Entry

Glitter is Always an Option

Posted 07-27-2014 at 06:17 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:15 PM by kittenlyss

So... I like pretty things. I've always liked pretty things. And when I started getting kinky and looking for toys, I didn't stop liking pretty things.

Actually, I insist on all my toys being pretty. If I'm going to use it on myself, I want to like the look of it. This can occasionally cause problems when I'm shopping. There have been several times that finding an ugly but well-made toy was easier than finding a "decorative" quality item that is still fully functional. (Although it does depend on what look I'm going for. I do still appreciate the more "traditional" BDSM styles that tend to look a bit tougher. Black leather? Mmmmm. )

According to Almost, my obsession with having pretty toys is mildly ridiculous. Granted, him finding it at all ridiculous just makes me want to be more so, because he's positively fantastic when he starts sending very scary dots my way (...)

Back to the point at hand though. There's something so FUN and exciting about wearing around a jeweled butt plug or using that pretty glass wand with swirls in it. Or the flogger that's striped in your favorite colors and feels soft and fuzzy when you brush it lightly against your skin (in contrast to the sting when it's used not-so-lightly ) I think maybe it's the same idea as wearing lingerie can make us feel sexier.

Anyhow, is anyone else like this? Enamored more by a toy because it LOOKS pretty and/or cute. Or am I just an odd duck?

Views 10128 Comments 31
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 31

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I must admit I do like my toys to be pretty and cute... and that's why I'm so lucky to have naughtylittlegirl as my sub... she's a pretty cute toy...

And I'd NEVER call you an odd duck kittenlyss! An odd moose, or an odd platypus (they have a head start in odd anyway), but never an odd duck.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wardell View Comment
    I must admit I do like my toys to be pretty and cute... and that's why I'm so lucky to have naughtylittlegirl as my sub... she's a pretty cute toy...

And I'd NEVER call you an odd duck kittenlyss! An odd moose, or an odd platypus (they have a head start in odd anyway), but never an odd duck.
    Lol, I think standards might be slightly different when your toys are PEOPLE though. Although some people might talk to their toys and may even think of them as people. Blow-up dolls, for instance. Hmmmm.

But, agreed, nlg is fantastic. Oh, and if I have to be an animal, a duck might not be so bad. They have corkscrew vaginas/penises and have violent duck sex. True Facts about the Duck It sounds very interesting.

But I'm so glad to hear that someone besides me likes pretty things to play with!
  3. Old Comment
    I definitely agree! It was one reason why I wanted some glass toys (they just look *better*) and one reason I liked the Lelo wand instead of the Hitachi one (it's the only wand I've seen that actually looks nice.) And when there's a choice of colour, that's even better

I don't have any sparkly toys, though... I think that'll be the next item on my wishlist
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dare... View Comment
    I definitely agree! It was one reason why I wanted some glass toys (they just look *better*) and one reason I liked the Lelo wand instead of the Hitachi one (it's the only wand I've seen that actually looks nice.) And when there's a choice of colour, that's even better

I don't have any sparkly toys, though... I think that'll be the next item on my wishlist
    Yes, you totally get it! And I love glass toys too.

As for sparkly toys, I just got my first: a sparkly dildo. *happy dances*
  5. Old Comment
    Do you all see what I have to put up with? Next thing you know, he's going to have me covered in glitter because of this post.

Good thing his little toy likes being played with so much
    Posted 07-29-2014 at 07:51 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughtylittlegirl View Comment
    Do you all see what I have to put up with? Next thing you know, he's going to have me covered in glitter because of this post.

Good thing his little toy likes being played with so much
    OMG, I would be so jealous. Glitter playtime sounds amazing!

*pokes Wardell* glitter is really fun
  7. Old Comment
    Hmmmmm - glitter could make a nice decoration for certain.... fun bits I wonder what kind of glue I should use on my toy?
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittenlyss View Comment
    They have corkscrew vaginas/penises and have violent duck sex.
    omg, corkscrew genitalia and violent duck sex? I want to know more and yet I don't, I know I don't. Must show restraint...do not google...
  9. Old Comment
    @madl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k01DIVDJlY

Please don't judge me.
    Posted 08-24-2014 at 08:37 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  10. Old Comment
    @ madl: WATCH IT!!!! You have to, it's so fantastic I think I laughcried

@NLG: I'm glad someone else has seen it.
  11. Old Comment
    I was watching a bunch of them a while ago (I think my favorite might be the sloth one), and then came to this and it suddenly went a horribly graphic direction.
    Posted 08-24-2014 at 10:45 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  12. Old Comment
    @NLG: I don't know if I could pick a favorite, but the sloth one is pretty adorable. I love watching them with people who have never seen them before though. Their reaction is even better than all the stuff you hear and see.

Also, violent sex with barbed penises? It's like ducks are MADE to have kinky sex.
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    @madl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k01DIVDJlY

Please don't judge me.
    You & Kittenlyss are ruining my sweet sweet innocence. But that was hilarious. The commentator especially - I think I fell a little bit in love with him.

There was so much to explain, they almost passed over the part where the barbed corkscrew penis explosively unravels at high speed. Explosive high speed barbed corkscrew penises are not something you see every day.

I'll never be able to look a duck in the eye again.
  14. Old Comment
    @madl: He is hilarious. He has a whole bunch of those "True Facts" videos, including one about Morgan Freeman that had me in tears. And if I'm scarred for life, I'm taking somebody down with me.

@kittenlyss: I never thought of it like that - it was more of a TMI regarding the animal kingdom for me.

And I really like how you posted about pretty, glittery toys, and now we're talking about kinky ducks...
    Posted 08-25-2014 at 01:44 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  15. Old Comment
    @madl:
  16. Old Comment
    @NLG: I just feel like it's not quite fair. We should come as build-a-people. With Mr. Potato Head parts or something. I don't know that I'd always want to have the use of an explosive high speed barbed corkscrew penis, but I do think the option might be nice. And, I love how blogs frequently start out on one topic and just sort of devolve into weird off-the-wall conversations. What can I say, I'm a girl of many tastes.
  17. Old Comment
    I love those blogs too! I have to say that particular option isn't exactly high on my list, but I would like to encourage your dreams by pointing out that advances in science are being made every day. There is hope.
    Posted 08-25-2014 at 02:00 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  18. Old Comment
    This is true. I'm still holding out for the first Build-A-Man workshop. Can decide exactly how much stuffing to put in and pick out a heart. And, yes, I'd like customizeable appendages. To be honest, I'd never THOUGHT of a high speed exploding penis (or a barbed or corkscrew one either). And I might not actually like it. But it does bring new meaning to corkscrew as a verb. So for now, I'll continue keeping an eye out. And maybe one day there will be a duck dildo, at least.
  19. Old Comment
    Posted 08-25-2014 at 02:22 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  20. Old Comment
    Omg, that's so adorable. I need it. If for no other reason than because it would get an eyeroll at least out of Almost.
  21. Old Comment
    omg, stop already, I can't laugh any more today...
  22. Old Comment
    @kittenlyss: There must be a pink, sparkly version somewhere

@madl: Okay, we'll be very, very serious. Have you seen the How It Should Have Ended videos on YouTube?
    Posted 08-25-2014 at 03:08 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  23. Old Comment
    @NLG: I fell instantly in love with THIS rubber ducky the first time I saw it:

But I suppose that one lacks subtlety.

Now I do need to go find a sparkly ducky vibrator.

"Rubber ducky, you're the one,
    You make bath time lots of fun..."
    Updated 08-25-2014 at 06:50 PM by kittenlyss
  24. Old Comment
    No glitter, but it's pink and shiny: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-diBib9q0q1...0143-250-1.jpg
    Posted 08-25-2014 at 07:11 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  25. Old Comment
    Quote:
    No glitter, but it's pink and shiny: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-diBib9q0q1...0143-250-1.jpg
    Not to mention, fluffy and tickly...