Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Personal Goals

Posted 11-20-2018 at 04:09 PM by IceMaiden
Updated 02-28-2019 at 01:54 PM by IceMaiden

I am feeling inspired lately to reach the goals I want and why wait until new year to start working on them? This blog is mostly a public way to keep myself motivated and I'll be updating this blog as I progress. Ideas to encourage and help me reach any are welcome and will be considered, but AM has final say on them.

Goal one: (Date set: 16/11/18)
Lose 10llbs.

This is always a tricky area for me as it's so easy for me to fall back into old and dangerous habits given my history of eating disorders instead of staying healthy. But I have AM's support and encouragement and I am doing my best to do it properly!

Methods to achieve this goal include:

~Stay between 1000-1500 calories each day.
~Exercise for 30 minutes a minimum of 5x a week.
~Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water daily.
~5k steps 5x a week minimum.
~Send Sir a full nude body pic and clothed full body pic each week to view progress, front on and side on.

Current status: 12/10llbs lost.
Goal deadline: 31st December 2018.

18th February update: Goal met! Due to anxiety/illness in January followed by several minor illnesses one after the other this took longer than I had wanted. But I made it eventually!

New goal: Lose 12llbs. (Goal set 17/02/19)
Current status: 0/12 llbs lost.
Goal deadline: 16th April.

Goal two: (Goal set 16/11/18)
Build a financial safety net of x amount and maintain it.

I am terrible with money. Absolutely awful and always spending and buying things I don't even need. I want to become better with this and get some decent savings behind me.

~Letting AM know every item I buy and the amount.
~Asking AM's permission for certain items that I want but don't really need.
~

Current status: 100/100%
Goal deadline: 28th Febuary 2019.

18th February update: Again due to illnesses and school half terms this will probably take longer than I had wanted. But I have made a start and since this is the first time EVER I have had any savings whatsoever this is progress!

28th February update: I made it! Right on the last day of the deadline! I am getting a teeeeny bit better at controlling my spending.

New goal: Add x amount to the savings. (Goal set 28/02/2019)
Current status: 40/100%
Goal deadline: 20th April 2019.

Goal three: (Date set 16/11/18)
Meet AM again!

It has been far too long since we met for the first time. I want to go see him again! The deadline is so far away because I also have family commitments to consider along with the financial aspects.

~Working on budgeting and finances so it is affordable.
~

Current status: Not met
Goal deadline: 30th June 2019.

Goal four: (Date set 16/11/18)
Complete a novel draft and look into self publishing.

I have been writing the same story for close to two years. It's all written and fleshed out in my head but I lack the patience/motivation to actually get it wrriten down, even though I want to.

~Spend at least one hour a day writing.

Current status: 18th February update: Written two more chapters.
Goal deadline: 31st December 2019.

Goal five: (Date set 16/11/18)
Pay off my remaining debts.

I said I was terrible with money. I really, really am. This time last year I was in over 10k worth of debt. With a lot of help from AM with my budgeting and a lot of help from my absolutely awesome amazing debt advisor I have managed to half this to around 5k at this time. I want to clear all of it next year.

~Budgeting with AM
~Avoiding catalouges, credit cards etc.
~

Current status: 1k/Approx 5k.
Goal deadline: 31st December 2019.

18th February update: Still a while to go, but progress is slowly being made!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2712 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love your blogs, Icey, and whenever I see you've posted always get excited to read it.

Plut is running a health tracking thread in December, round two of what started in October and we kept running in November. We plan to keep going until October of next year (at least! ). A small group of us kept each other motivated and accountable; it was lovely to be a part of. Would you like to join up? I'm not generally one for groups, but it was of more help than I realised and it would be a pleasure to work alongside you.

Regarding writing, I've started a thread for December with an identical framework to the one above if you're interested in that, too. I'm also happy to help with proofreading, light editing, etc. Happy to help in any way, not because I don't think you can do it, but because I know the quality of your work and want to see it in the world.

Chat doesn't work on this device, but you are always welcome to get in touch. You have my email, no? It's fine my end to copy AM into everything if that's an issue.

No worries if not. Either way I'm still wishing you the best, as always, and it will be a joy to witness your success. You will do well.

Take care.
  2. Old Comment
    I'm curious about that novel you're working on. Is it a vanilla story Miss?
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StrawDog View Comment
    I love your blogs, Icey, and whenever I see you've posted always get excited to read it.

Thank you!

Plut is running a health tracking thread in December, round two of what started in October and we kept running in November. We plan to keep going until October of next year (at least! ). A small group of us kept each other motivated and accountable; it was lovely to be a part of. Would you like to join up? I'm not generally one for groups, but it was of more help than I realised and it would be a pleasure to work alongside you.

Regarding writing, I've started a thread for December with an identical framework to the one above if you're interested in that, too. I'm also happy to help with proofreading, light editing, etc. Happy to help in any way, not because I don't think you can do it, but because I know the quality of your work and want to see it in the world.

You are too sweet. I am most likely going to join your writing thread. The tracking thread I am interested in as well, but need to discuss that one with AM a little further still.

Chat doesn't work on this device, but you are always welcome to get in touch. You have my email, no? It's fine my end to copy AM into everything if that's an issue.

I do...somewhere!

No worries if not. Either way I'm still wishing you the best, as always, and it will be a joy to witness your success. You will do well.

Take care.
    <3 <3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    I'm curious about that novel you're working on. Is it a vanilla story Miss?
    Sent to you in hangouts! Hopefully I'll start working at it again really soon.
  4. Old Comment
    Goal one updated to reflect rule changes, new rules and progress.
  5. Old Comment
    Goal one updated to reflect new rules and progress.
  6. Old Comment
    Goal one updated to reflect progress. Slow going these last 1-2 weeks but slow progress is still progress!
  7. Old Comment
    Goal 1, 2, 4 and 5 updated to reflect progress.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Comment
    Goal 1, 2, 4 and 5 updated to reflect progress.

You are doing so well and working so very hard. Most importantly, you are actually accepting setbacks without throwing in the towel and giving up. You make me so proud princess, because you work at it. I love you.
  9. Old Comment
    Goal 2 updated to reflect progress.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Comment
    You are doing so well and working so very hard. Most importantly, you are actually accepting setbacks without throwing in the towel and giving up. You make me so proud princess, because you work at it. I love you.
    You make me believe that I can do it. I love you too.