Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AceofSpades

Rate this Entry

In the Blogging Mood

Posted 07-17-2008 at 10:45 PM by AceofSpades

To start this off, I just wanted everyone to know this isn't a pity piece, just some thoughts I wanted to put down because I'm in a very rare writing mood.

So recently, I've been searching for a Master/Mistress, which really isn't too much of a rarity. However, I'm tired of the pointless, stupid "relationships" that I keep diving into, which end up lasting only a few weeks. Totally my fault I keep getting into those, yes I know. So, to reconcile that, I've been working on finding someone who I really click with, a master/mistress who knows what they are doing, who understand WHY they do it (not just to get off), and who I gel with personality wise.

To my surprise, I found one who I thought I had a chance with. He knew what he was doing, was forceful and intelligent, and knew what he wanted out of the relationship. I was really excited, but as so often happens in my unlucky life, he was never to be heard from again. Weird. Now this whole episode just happened again with a Mistress I had befriended for a while. Now it's been four days since I've heard ANYTHING from her, not even a "hey I'm busy but don't worry, I'll talk to you as soon as I get a chance." It's just kind of dissappointing to me because honestly I think I'm a good intelligent person and I have been trying forever to find a relationship that would work, and it's been a while and I still can't. Just weird, that's all.

Bad thing is that this isn't the only facet of my life that I've had this happen, in a roundabout way. I'm turning 18 on Saturday, and I've never had a GF. I mean, I'm outgoing, athletic, smart, and not completely ugly, but I've struck out many a-times. I've learned to accept it, and promised myself I'll just try harder in college. It's just that I'm getting kind of annoyed with my lack of any meaningful relationship beyond friendship in my life. I'm kind of hungry you can say, for something beyond what I've already experienced.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2510 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Strange. I know how you feel, I have had past slaves that do that in the past. Kind of annoying to be honest.

In my opinion, a slave and master/mistress must have a good long lasting relationship before sending mails like "hey wanna be my slave?" and a reply of "yeah sure" and two weeks later, they both are on different searches.

I wish everyone would make a commtiment.
  2. Old Comment
    Don't give up!

The good Master and Misstresses are out their they are just normally snapped up quickly. You have to be able to sort quickly through the crap to find the good stuff. To be honest I had stopped activly looking when my Master came along. Had decided I couldn't be bothered to be cope with being played around with anymore. I had a few random Doms online who I played with from time to time but nothing commital.

I think it is so important to become friends with your Master/Misstress before anything comital happens. This can be frustrating but jumping in and being "owned" after 2 weeks or something is kind of rushing it. You wouldn't become engaged after 2 weeks! (And yeah I know that's an extreme example but it's all I can think of.)

As for not having a gf and being 18, who cares? I know it feels like there is something wrong with you but maybe the girls your age don't have taste Girls at 18 are still pretty blind and often can't see past looks. Not all I know but stilll the majority. I didn't have a bf till nearly 19 and I only went with him because I felt I "needed" someone. He turned out to be a wanker and nasty, meh would rather be single than in a half assed relationship, either online M/s or a bf.

I garentee that somone will eventually fall into your lap when you least expect it And it will mean so much more because you have had to wait for it whether it's a gf or a Master/Misstress. Like I said don't give up or think any less of yourself.
    Updated 07-18-2008 at 08:40 AM by Bandit|Queen
  3. Old Comment
    Well this blog may be starting to get a little old, but felt I had to comment on this statement:

"I've learned to accept it, and promised myself I'll just try harder in college."

Working harder at it might result in beating your head against a wall a little harder and a little longer. It just might hurt more without achieving new results. Working harder is actually what most people try to do. Now if you are a masochist and like this kind of pain then go to it. But if you aren’t then try working a little smarter, not harder.

So how to be a little smarter? The first thing to do is take a critical look back at yourself and figure out how others see you. Try to find the behaviors you may not be aware of. See how you come across to others, not just how you think you come across. It can be difficult and uncomfortable what you find out. But that's good!

So where to start? I’ll throw out a couple of ideas and you can take it from there. These ideas may or may not apply to you:

Expecting too much too fast could make a person appear desperate. Adjust your expectations to the other person’s expectations even if they don’t match yours at first. Pushing too much may drive the other away.

Have you really tried to get to know the master/mistress/girlfriend deep down? Try to focus and understand their wants and interests.

Make sure it is not “all about you”. Nothing is a bigger turn-off then someone totally self-absorbed.

Intelligence will scare some people away. Your writings are far above the average person on this website, which might give you a smaller pool of people to draw from. But it doesn’t mean become dumb. Maybe try something different – may I suggestion again trying your hand as a master. There may be an audience for you there. I note that your favorite dare on your profile is not for you, but directed towards others.

I do believe you can come on pretty strong and forceful too. Some people react by quieting down and leaving.

And finally, don’t be guilty of the same thing you complain of. Have you always followed up with people you have talked to?

Anyways, these are just thought starters. I do mean to be helpful here. Don’t be afraid to be a little self-critical or take criticism. In the long run society does not change to meet your wants and expectations. You must adapt and change to meet society’s expectations.
  4. Old Comment
    Ugh, a proper long serious comment.

5. Old Comment
    Was just rereading all of these posts. Thanks guys! You're all awesome, even the typical Davros post .